The Democrats Abroad Hispanic Caucus is made up of DA members from around the world who are willing and able to advocate on issues important to the Hispanic community within the United States of America and those living abroad. The Caucus will accept any DA member.
The purpose of the DA Hispanic Caucus (DAHC) is to provide a forum for all DA members to better understand the issues and concerns affecting the U.S. Hispanic community, to help engage with U.S. Hispanic voters living abroad and ensure that their needs are met within the DA community, and, where needed, to advocate for reforms to political issues.
To support and defend the U.S. Constitution and the goals and ideals of the Democratic Party and Democrats Abroad
- To advocate on issues of concern to the U.S. Hispanic community
- To be a pro-Hispanic voice for U.S. citizens living abroad
- To support campaigns of Hispanic nominees running for elected office in the U.S.
- Increase awareness of, and membership in, the DA Hispanic Caucus
- recognize, celebrate, and share significant contributions of Hispanic-Americans
- liaise through DA DNC Members with the DNC Hispanic Caucus
- become a trusted source for Democrats Abroad on issues impacting Hispanic-Americans
- Undertake a fundraising campaign to create Spanish language pages on the DA website and VotefromAbroad.org
- encourage its members and other U.S. registered voters to exercise their right to vote
DA Hispanic Caucus Leadership:
Ana Hernandez Blackstad / Chair