The Youth Caucus of Democrats Abroad is committed to generating awareness of the concerns of young Americans and the challenges they face for the purpose of informing party policy-making and improving party outreach and organizing. The Youth Caucus will provide a platform for young Democrats abroad - those who are and those who seek to become politically active - to engage in and lead on issues and campaigns important to them.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Youth Caucus will be “youth-led” but open to those of all ages who support these central aims.
The Youth Caucus will/proposes to:
- Build political engagement by young Americans Democrats abroad. Initiatives will make young Americans abroad aware of: voter registration and voting from abroad; issue education, advocacy and activism, especially youth-led and youth-related; candidates and campaigns, especially those of young Democrats; US political and election organizing from abroad; and overseas and domestic youth networks, contacts and resources.
- Sponsor issue-focused Working Groups: The Caucus will engage young Democrats abroad in issues advocacy by inviting them to join teams studying particular issues (eg Environmental Sustainability Working Group) and developing and coordinating youth-led advocacy activities and campaigns.
- Establish web-based communication channels for on-going youth outreach: A Youth Caucus Blog on the Democrats Abroad Youth Caucus webpage will provide continuous access to the work of the Youth Caucus and facilitate participation by members globally.
- Work online. Membership will not be constrained by physical location. All general meetings, campaigns, fundraisers etc. will be conducted online via Skype, Social Media, Email, and Online Markets.
- Encourage caucus members to organize live local events and gatherings for political education and outreach, issues advocacy or socializing.
- Be youth-led, with a leadership team made up of volunteers from around the world aged between 18 and 35.
- Engage with US-based Young Democrats or College Democrats groups to share information, advice, intelligence and ideas, build networks and to cross-promote each other.
Christopher P Zombik published Press Release: Democrats Abroad China Leadership Election and AGM Updates in News 2017-06-14 02:13:32 -0400
For immediate release
Jun 14, 2017
Democrats Abroad China Elects an Executive Committee, Gets Confirmed as an Official Country Committee at 2017 AGM
China - Democrats Abroad China elected its first-ever Executive Committee at their Annual General Meeting on May 6. The following week, from May 12-15, five representatives of DA China attended the DA Global AGM in Washington DC, where DA China was unanimously accepted into Democrats Abroad as an official country committee.
The incoming DA China leadership is responsible for upholding and supporting the work of the Democratic Party Committee Abroad among American expatriates in China. DA China announces the following newly elected leaders:
Chair – Aaron Kruse
Vice Chair – Samantha Wong
Secretary – Elizabeth Jenkins
Treasurer – Jim Spear
Legal Counsel – Randi Miller
Communications/IT – Chris Zombik
Members-At-Large – Kira Leinonen, Phong Quan, James Flanagan, Faith Gary, Joshua Lally
The creation of an official country committee for China is notable as the result of more than 10 years of informal organizing by dedicated Democrats in China. An official presence for DA in China is more important than ever now that American politics has come to the forefront of global concern under the Trump administration. DA China aims to be the point of contact for Americans living in China to more actively connect with government and civic engagement back home.
“We are thrilled to finally have an official country committee for DA China,” says Aaron Kruse, DA China’s newly-elected Chair. “This milestone coincides with our reaching a critical new level of engagement and interest from Americans living in China. We are incredibly excited to grow this organization and help our members get involved politically with what is happening back in the U.S.”
The leadership elections were just the first step in an upcoming program of activities planned by DA China. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.democratsabroad.org/cn.
- END -
For more information, you may email DA China at: email@example.com
About Democrats Abroad
Democrats Abroad is the official Democratic Party arm for the millions of Americans living outside the United State. Democrats Abroad strives to provide citizens living abroad with a voice in government and elect democratic candidates by mobilizing the overseas vote. Democrats Abroad currently has 41 country committees throughout Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. These country committees keep Americans abroad informed of their rights and help them participate in the U.S. political process. Members live in more than 190 countries around the globe and vote in every state and Congressional district in the U.S. Democrats Abroad is recognized as a "state" Party by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and is represented on the DNC by eight voting members, as well as at the quadrennial Democratic National Convention.
The Democrats Abroad online voter registration tool - votefromabroad.org - makes it easy to request a ballot and vote absentee from any place on the planet.
Democrats Abroad China (DACN or DA China for short) is the country committee serving U.S. Democrats living in China. We help Americans abroad participate in U.S. domestic politics by providing voter registration support, voting resources, and activism opportunities. Member activities include conversations with leading activists and elected officials, social events and parties, and more.
DA China - Member-At-Large
Progressive ideas are the future I want for America. To not get involved in this political moment would be an offense against my basic sense of right and wrong.
Education professional, lover of words