Silence is violence.
We are deeply saddened by the police brutality that plagues our fellow citizens back home, and claims the lives of men like George Floyd. Now is not the time to sit back and watch from our homes in Korea. We must defend our rights and preserve our union. We must act.
We will be hosting a town hall this Friday at 8pm to discuss our options and course of action. We look forward to seeing you there.
Join us at https://bit.ly/darokblm
Meeting Id: 490 531 8550
Password: demsWHENJune 05, 2020 at 8pmWHEREZoom
Google map and directions
Come show your support for Democrats Abroad South Korea as we lay out our plans for 2020, the most important election year of our lives!
Join us online via WebEx for our Annual General Meeting on June 6th, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Please RSVP below for the WebEx link and connection details.
Please connect with us on WebEx to meet up with fellow Democrats across South Korea, hear about our exciting plans for the rest of 2020 and the general election! We will also hear about the exciting new caucus and volunteer opportunities, and how YOU can make an impact in 2020!
Do you think the 2020 election is the most important election of our lifetimes? Why not step up to help engage more American voters in South Korea! Or become a Member at Large on the Executive committee! Or join a caucus and organize events! We have a volunteer option for everyone!
The more people we can bring together, the more prepared we will be to Get Out The (Blue) Vote!
We look forward to meeting you and seeing all of your tremendous excitement and motivation as we look to get rid of Trump and his Republican enablers and paint the White House, and House, and Senate blue!WHENJune 06, 2020 at 4pm
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.