The Youth Caucus of Democrats Abroad is committed to generating awareness of the concerns of young Americans and the challenges they face for the purpose of informing party policy-making and improving party outreach and organizing. The Youth Caucus will provide a platform for young Democrats abroad - those who are and those who seek to become politically active - to engage in and lead on issues and campaigns important to them.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Youth Caucus will be “youth-led” but open to those of all ages who support these central aims.
The Youth Caucus will/proposes to:
- Build political engagement by young Americans Democrats abroad. Initiatives will make young Americans abroad aware of: voter registration and voting from abroad; issue education, advocacy and activism, especially youth-led and youth-related; candidates and campaigns, especially those of young Democrats; US political and election organizing from abroad; and overseas and domestic youth networks, contacts and resources.
- Sponsor issue-focused Working Groups: The Caucus will engage young Democrats abroad in issues advocacy by inviting them to join teams studying particular issues (eg Environmental Sustainability Working Group) and developing and coordinating youth-led advocacy activities and campaigns.
- Establish web-based communication channels for on-going youth outreach: A Youth Caucus Blog on the Democrats Abroad Youth Caucus webpage will provide continuous access to the work of the Youth Caucus and facilitate participation by members globally.
- Work online. Membership will not be constrained by physical location. All general meetings, campaigns, fundraisers etc. will be conducted online via Skype, Social Media, Email, and Online Markets.
- Encourage caucus members to organize live local events and gatherings for political education and outreach, issues advocacy or socializing.
- Be youth-led, with a leadership team made up of volunteers from around the world aged between 18 and 35.
- Engage with US-based Young Democrats or College Democrats groups to share information, advice, intelligence and ideas, build networks and to cross-promote each other.
One time opportunity to see Bertilla Baker and Jeffrey V. Thompson perform in a special two-hour concert of Jazz and Broadway songs accompanied by a live jazz quartet. Tin Jo is creating a special all-inclusive luncheon menu. All this for only for 10,000 colones!
Voter assistance services available before and after the concert.
THE MIDTERMS ARE TOO IMPORTANT TO MISS.
WHEN: Saturday, September 29st, 2018
10:00 am – 12:00 pm - Voter Services
12:00 am - 2:30 pm - Luncheon & Concert
2:30 pm - 4:30 pm - Voter Services
WHERE: Tin Jo Restaurant
Calle 11, between Avs. 6 and 8
San José Centro
San Jose, Costa Rica
We expect a high turnout for this important topic and we urge you to RSVP early using this link:
If you have any questions, please call Kathy at 2244-2247 or email VoteFromAbroadCR@gmail.com