Join us at the Christopher Street Day Parade in Mannheim on August 10th! The Heidelberg Chapter of Democrats Abroad has a place in the parade to support our friends in the LGBTQ community, and this is also the 50 year anniversary of the Stonewall Riots, so is an especially significant year. We’ve got a big Pride banner and flags to carry, and it would be great if you want to make your own sign. We will also have a Democrats Abroad stand at the Ehrenhof (large courtyard) of the Mannheim Castle, where the parade ends. There will be live music, entertainment and food there.
- 13:30 Meet up and get ready for the start. It begins in the middle of the Quadrate, but the exact location is yet to be announced (traditionally it has been near the Abendakadamie). Stay posted for exact meet-up information
- 14:00 is the official start of the parade.
- Around 16:00 the parade ends at the Mannheimer Schloßhof, where you can buy drinks and food. We plan to get together at the Democrats Abroad stand for food and drinks, so look for us where all the info. stands are.
- Bring your friends and family. This is a serious cause, but a really fun event! Be colorful, be celebratory, just be yourself.
- It would be a good idea to bring your own water and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- If you RSVP, you will be informed of the latest information.
This event is so much fun, so come on out and be a part of it!
Google map and directions