Don’t miss your chance to vote in person in Colombia this presidential year! The event will be held at Azahar Café 93 in Bogotá on March 7 from 10am-5pm.
The Global Presidential Primary is a week-long voting period -- kicking off on March 3, Super Tuesday! -- for Democrats Abroad members to participate in our official party-run presidential primary. We’re holding more than 220 events in 45 countries around the world, and we hope you’ll be joining us.
Am I eligible?
If you’re a Democrat Abroad member and you haven’t voted (or plan to vote) in any other 2020 state presidential primary/caucus, you’re eligible to vote in the Global Presidential Primary.
What if I can’t join a voting event in person?
If you can’t join us at our events in Colombia, you can vote remotely. Look for your primary ballot in your inbox on February 18, or download it from democratsabroad.org starting on Feb 18, as well.
Do votes in the GPP count? Why should I participate in the GPP instead of voting in my state’s presidential primary?
Yes your vote counts! In fact, you could even say that votes in the GPP count even more. Tens of thousands of people will participate in the global primary, but millions will vote in your home state. That means that your vote in the Global Presidential Primary is more powerful than voting in the California primary. In fact, it’s 4 times more powerful!
Where can I ask further questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for voting-related questions.
See you at the Primary!WHENMarch 07, 2020 at 10amWHEREAzahar Café 93
Calle 93b #13-91
Google map and directions
The Youth Caucus of Democrats Abroad is committed to generating awareness of the concerns of young Americans and the challenges they face for the purpose of informing party policy-making and improving party outreach and organizing. The Youth Caucus will provide a platform for young Democrats abroad - those who are and those who seek to become politically active - to engage in and lead on issues and campaigns important to them.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Youth Caucus will be “youth-led” but open to those of all ages who support these central aims.
The Youth Caucus will/proposes to:
- Build political engagement by young Americans Democrats abroad. Initiatives will make young Americans abroad aware of: voter registration and voting from abroad; issue education, advocacy and activism, especially youth-led and youth-related; candidates and campaigns, especially those of young Democrats; US political and election organizing from abroad; and overseas and domestic youth networks, contacts and resources.
- Sponsor issue-focused Working Groups: The Caucus will engage young Democrats abroad in issues advocacy by inviting them to join teams studying particular issues (eg Environmental Sustainability Working Group) and developing and coordinating youth-led advocacy activities and campaigns.
- Establish web-based communication channels for on-going youth outreach: A Youth Caucus Blog on the Democrats Abroad Youth Caucus webpage will provide continuous access to the work of the Youth Caucus and facilitate participation by members globally.
- Work online. Membership will not be constrained by physical location. All general meetings, campaigns, fundraisers etc. will be conducted online via Skype, Social Media, Email, and Online Markets.
- Encourage caucus members to organize live local events and gatherings for political education and outreach, issues advocacy or socializing.
- Be youth-led, with a leadership team made up of volunteers from around the world aged between 18 and 35.
- Engage with US-based Young Democrats or College Democrats groups to share information, advice, intelligence and ideas, build networks and to cross-promote each other.
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.
Quyen Nguyen donated 2019-05-13 23:25:52 -0400
Quyen Nguyen donated 2019-04-06 12:02:53 -0400