Brian Borlongan published DA Philippines August 16 General Meeting Agenda in News 2020-08-12 00:09:27 -0400
Democrats Abroad Philippines
Sunday August 16 from 2:30-3:30 pm
Online via Zoom
* * *
- Welcome and confirmation of a quorum
- Minutes from the Annual General Meeting on January 18, 2020 (link)
- Business arising
- Omar volunteered to reach out to Rappler for ad posting
- Bing volunteered to reach out to AmCham
- Jay volunteered to make an announcement during a Rotary meeting
- Portable Medicare – Omar and Jay - reach out Eric Lachica and Loida Lewis
- Jay volunteered to reach out to the embassy and request them to host an event to help raise awareness about the upcoming election
- Lisa volunteered to ask the US Embassy about help needed by Americans detained in the Bicutan Immigration Detention Facility
- Lisa to follow up with Jay if he is interested to organize a Quezon City ward.
- Send a cleaned up version of the by-laws to Democrats Abroad International and post on DAPh website.
- Highlights of the past seven months
- 2nd Progressive Drinking event held February 18th
- Global Presidential Primary
- Database cleanup
- Calling campaign
- Asia Pacific virtual pub quiz
- Mailing voting materials through the embassy
- Zoom Drop-In Sundays
- Facebook paid ads and boosts ($300 grant)
- Thanks to Nancy for posting daily on our Facebook page and tweeting!
- Thanks to Brian for doing the following singlehandedly – we need more people!
- Database updates
- Website posts
- Emails to members
- Membership Management Committee – any updates?
- Get Out the Vote
- Urge all US citizens you know to register ASAP (training video is available here)
- Join calling campaign for swing states
- Sign up as a Voting Champion here
- Sign up at www.FilAms4Biden.com
- Volunteer for Zoom Drop-In Sundays
- Reach out to groups/organizations you know, join FB groups and share info
- Donate $20.20 and get a chance to win prizes here
- Donate to support phonebanking here (choose phonebanking under purpose, it closes August 20)
- Volunteer to create a DAPH Instagram account and post updates
- Volunteer to contact DAPH members who vote in swing states that require registration forms to be mailed
- August 22 – Screening of Capturing the Flag movie (trailer available here) Saturday from 9 to 10:45 am (have to RSVP, donations optional and appreciated, details to follow)
- August 28 – Reading of Dr. King’s “I have a dream” speech – Friday (57th anniversary)
- September 19 – Ballot release day
- September 22 – Ballot return day (recommended)
- October 1 – If you haven’t received your ballot, submit a write in ballot (FWAB) (ballots mailed after this date may not reach your election official in time)
- Other business
- Date of next meeting
Sign up as a Voting Champion at https://sites.google.com/view/voting-champion-toolkit/start-here - it just takes a few minutes and is an excellent way to encourage your friends, family and other contacts to register and vote. There are around 350,000 to 400,000 US citizens living in the Philippines. If each one of us reaches out to three contacts, and they reach out to three contacts, we can reach them all in 11 to 12 iterations.
Brian Borlongan wants to volunteer 2019-03-08 01:13:49 -0500
Join our tiny actions team and receive regular emails outlining actions you can take to support issues that matter to Democrats and our allies.
Democrats Abroad's country committees need local volunteers. Volunteer by clicking on the "Countries" tab above, find your country, and contact your leaders directly.
Do you want to help at a global level? We have more than a dozen global teams that work to keep our organization running.
Our global teams provide get out the vote help, communications, technology support and more to the all the grass roots volunteers working at the local level in Democrats Abroad. Regardless of where you live there is a team that needs your talent and dedication. Now is the time to join fellow Democrats and help fight for what's right. Any questions, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Philippines GOTV Coordinator
Brian Borlongan has been a member of Democrats Abroad since 2019. He is currently busy dealing with matters relating to college. His primary issues are education, housing, the economy, and single-payer healthcare.
A member of Democrats Abroad since 2019.