Local Start Time
Washington DC, USA • 10:30 EST
London, UK • 15:30 GMT
Paris, France • 16:30 CET
For Mon Jan 4 - RSVP below
For Tue Jan 5 - Click here to RSVP
VOLUNTEER TO GET OUT THE VOTE for Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff by making sure GA Democratic voters have what they need to vote! The GA US Senate Runoff Elections will take place on Jan 5 -- the outcome will determine control of the US Senate. We are hosting Zoom sessions to provide additional support and encouragement to volunteers from abroad, as we make calls to Georgia voters together on Jan 4 & 5 — but there is no need to wait, you can get started calling GA voters, RIGHT NOW. Open to all DA members; this event hosted by DA France, DA UK, DA Germany, and the Global Progressive Caucus.
CHOOSE which kind of volunteering you want to do. Be sure to do the training for that option. Then if you want, RSVP to join our Zoom events on Monday and Tuesday as we make calls to Georgia, together.
OPTION 1: PHONEBANKING GEORGIA VOTERS
Democrats Abroad Global worked with the DNC to set up an online dialler so that these calls are FREE to overseas phonebankers make, and so that the person receiving the call sees a US number (and will therefore be more likely to accept it). You are calling voters to make sure they have the information they need to vote successfully — these are not "persuasion" calls.
- System accepts Non-US number OK for signing up
- Free calls using an online dialler (Open VPB Connect)
- Simple message and script
- No experience necessary - all volunteers welcome
1. Start Making Calls Using VPB Connect:https://www.openvpb.com/vpb_bycode/B0BBC4C-320927 (As of Mon Jan 4 9am ET)
**THE VPB CONNECT LINK IS UPDATED DAILY, SO PLEASE CHECK HERE EVERY DAY BEFORE MAKING CALLS**
2. Review Training - Account Setup, Getting Started, Tips: ActionID Calling Program
3. Speak Spanish? Sign up for Spanish Phonebanking!
OPTION 2: HELP GA VOTERS CURE THEIR BALLOTS
Thousands of Democratic voters in Georgia are running into ballot issues, and are calling the GA Dem Party helpline for assistance. The GA Dem Party needs help getting back to every one of them with the support they need. In November, more than 20,000 ballots needed to be "cured", or corrected, to be counted — Biden carried the state with a margin of only 12K votes! So ballot curing is really critical. For the Jan. 5th runoff election, by law, all ballot cures must be completed by 5PM local time on Jan. 8. You can sign up for training and to call voters needing ballot help with the GA Democratic Party, here. This training will walk you through everything you need to know to help make sure these in-state Georgia Democratic voters successfully fix their ballot issue, but as these calls are technical, and time is of the essence, volunteers with previous voter assistance experience are appreciated.
- System needs US number to work* (Google voice, Skype Out, or other digital US number should be OK. Get a US number with Skype, here. Click CHOOSE DIFFERENT LOCATION to get a Georgia local number.)
- System needs caller to make calls from their own number (no online dialler)
- More complex message and script (pay attention to the training -- domestic ballot curing is different than for overseas voters)
- High value calls - each voter being called is a Democratic vote that needs further action to be counted
- Previous voter assistance experience is appreciated. (The 40-50 minute training offered by the GA Dem Party at the start of each calling session is comprehensive, updates and support are available to those with questions during the calling session.)
1. Sign up for a GA Ballot Cure Training and Calling Event, here. Three of these trainings are being offered every day with limited space allotted on a rolling, first come, first served basis until the ballot cure deadline on Jan 8.
* Democrats Abroad Global is working on a possible solution for an online dialler -- this page will be updated to reflect any status changes.
Google map and directions