The 2020 Democratic primary elections are already here – and the general election is fast approaching! Update your voter registration and submit your ballot request now to make sure you receive a ballot for every election you’re eligible for in 2020!
Register and Request Your Ballot Now!
Even if you are already registered to vote, you must submit a ballot request to your local election officials in order to receive your overseas ballot for each calendar year in which you intend to vote. You only need to submit it once to receive all ballots for all eligible elections in 2020, so send it in as soon as possible!
Make a NEW ballot request for 2020 — send your form as early as Jan. 2, 2020.
Go to www.votefromabroad.org to register to vote and complete the Ballot Request form (FPCA).
We recommend that you choose to receive your ballot by EMAIL or ONLINE to get it fastest.
- Follow the instructions to attach your signature online, or print out the completed form to sign it.
Send the signed FPCA to your election official.
To request an absentee ballot, registered voters can EMAIL, FAX or MAIL the FPCA.
- After you send in your form, be sure to email or call your Local Election Official to verify they received it and will be sending a ballot to you. You can find contact information for your election official using the State Voting Guide on VoteFromAbroad.org or on the instructions printed with your completed form.
- If you use the FPCA to request a ballot, only one form submission is needed to cover all 2020 elections, including the November 3 general election.
- You can expect to receive your ballot 45 days before the election. Send your FPCA as early as January 2, 2020 to get all your ballots as soon as they are available. Mark your calendar: the November ballot will be sent to you by September 19.
If you have any questions while filling out the form on VoteFromAbroad.org, click the orange chat box button on the lower right corner of the screen to send a question to the Voter Help Desk.
2020 Democratic Presidential Primaries
- To vote in your state’s Democratic Party presidential primary election, go to www.votefromabroad.org and submit your Ballot Request form as soon as possible. If your state’s registration deadline for the primary has not already passed, you will receive your primary ballot as soon as it is available. Make sure to submit it well in advance of the “Received by” deadline.
- State-By-State 2020 Primary Elections Calendar: https://www.democratsabroad.org/2020_primaries
- If it is too late to receive a ballot for your state’s Democratic presidential primary, you can still vote in the Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary on March 8, 2020.
Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary
We will host our primaries in Japan on March 8th, 2020, with voting center locations in Kanto, Tokai, and Kansai.
- Same-day in-person voter registration
- Voting by email or postal mail also available from February 18, 2020
- Even if you vote in the Global Presidential primary, you can still vote in your state’s downballot primary elections! If all positions are listed on the same ballot in your state’s primary, just leave the President field blank and vote only for the downballot positions.
Get Out the Vote!
Looking to get involved this year? Join our Get Out the Vote (GOTV) team and help register voters in Japan and around the world!
- Attend our Annual General Meeting on February 8th, 2020 for GOTV training and more information about the primaries.
- If you can’t attend on February 8th or want to start volunteering as soon as possible, email our GOTV Chair Rebecca at email@example.com to sign up!