This is it, our big day, the confirmation that all our hard work has paid off and, oh yes, that every single vote does count!
DAB’s contribution to the Democrats Abroad Inaugural Parade film is live on our YouTube channel. Volunteers Kirsten Maher, Sara Atwood & Darren Dyke turned this around on half an hour’s notice…now that’s agility!
Make sure you've requested your 2021 overseas ballots through www.VoteFromAbroad.org - and tell a friend!
We did it, we won this Election! What a pleasure to see a genuine smile, to listen to an inspiring President & Vice-President. Thank you for making it happen!!
This was a hard-fought election and you all helped us win it by voting, coloring, calling, texting, donating, posting, tweeting…it’s no wonder we nearly doubled the overseas vote and helped take the Biden/Harris ticket over the finish line in so many key states.
But we are not finished. We have two more Senate seats that we need to win in the state of Georgia on January 5th, thanks to our votes pushing both races into a run-off. These can give Joe Biden the Senate majority he will need to pass the progressive agenda we believe in. Georgia voters, stay tuned for more details on how to vote, but in the meantime, everyone can still help:
- Donate! Thanks to our local Super Tuesday fundraiser and over €8000 in global DA grants, we ran extensive Facebook & YouTube advertising and two waves of postcard mailings this year. But the coffers are nearly empty and I’m asking for more for our Georgia-targeted efforts. If you’d like to fund our advertising, donate here; for our postcard campaign, donate to DAB's account at KBC BE74 7360 2169 3207. (We also still have some homemade jam & mugs left for sale!).
- Phonebank - Volunteer Tony Macieojowski and the rest of the phone-banking team are always ready to welcome new callers. Sign up for the simple training and Tony will be in touch.
- Create social media content - Volunteer Pam Miller led an incredible social media team but they could use more help. If you’re a passionate Twitter, Instagram or Facebook fan, and have a minimally creative bone in your body, let us know!
- Engage with our social media accounts - check out our member videos on our new YouTube channel (subscribe, too!) and follow us on our DAB Twitter & Instagram feeds and on our Friends of DAB Facebook Page.
Stay tuned for news of our next Volunteer Zoom and join us to help find more of the thousands of US citizens in Belgium and convincing them to vote blue. You can also join our Volunteer WhatsApp Chat here. All ideas are welcome!
On behalf of the entire Executive Committee and volunteer team, thank you again for all your support and the messages and emails we received this past week. Our community makes me proud to be a US citizen…and now we can be proud of the next US President & VP!
Pauline Manos - Chair, DA Belgium
Join us for the 2021 Annual General Meeting – on 21 March 2021 – and help to elect the new Executive Committee, which will guide DAB through the next two years. Or run for office yourself!
Play your role by running for office or electing the new Executive Committee.
Our Annual General Meeting will be held online and elections will take place as well.
Nominations are being accepted for the following positions:
- Vice-Chair (Chair and Vice-Chair must be of opposite genders)
- Member-at-Large 1
- Member-at-Large 2
Nominations are accepted and are to be sent to [email protected]. Descriptions of the positions can be provided upon request..
If you have any questions about what any of these positions involve, please don’t hesitate to contact [email protected] and ask for more information. It’s going to be an important two years, and we need YOU to be engaged and involved.
Please RSVP for the Zoom connection details!
And if you haven’t been to a DAB meeting before (or if you’ve only been to a few), come along to the meeting on 21 March and meet other Dems in Belgium!
In addition to the business of reports from the past year, and this year’s elections, we do have one other order of business (see agenda below).
We look forward to "seeing" you there!
Draft Agenda: Annual General Meeting, Democrats Abroad Belgium
1. Welcome - Pauline Manos, Chair
2. Outgoing Leadership Reports
2.1. Treasurer’s Report - Sharon Bronzwaer, Treasurer
2.2. Membership Report - Jeffrey Edison, Vice Chair
2.3. Chair’s Report - Pauline Manos
3. Nominations, Statements & Elections - election committee
3.1. Determination of a Quorum
3.2. Distribution of Ballots
4. DAB - The Year Ahead
5. Other Business - Chair & Membership Discussion
6. Closing - Chair
Do you like this page?