A speed networking and leadership development workshop
Always wanted to get involved politically but not sure where to start? Democrats Abroad is a global organization with groups all around the world representing and organizing Americans. Learn how you can have an impact!
The Asian American & Pacific Islander Caucus and the Hispanic Caucus invite you to a speed networking and leadership development workshop.
The workshop will:
- Introduce you to the Democrats Abroad organization at its different levels and corresponding leaders,
- Review the wide variety of volunteer roles available and their commitments in terms of time and responsibility,
- Clarify and demystify how any member can run for office within Democrats Abroad.
There will be three online sessions, each 1.5 hours, held at a time that is convenient for each region:
Each session will showcase four different Democrats Abroad Leaders, one for each of the Global, Regional, and Country levels, and one from a country without a Country Chapter from the region, interspersed with breakout rooms where you can engage in speed networking and discussions.
- Country-Committee leader:Quyen Nguyen, Chair, DA Colombia
- Non-Affiliated leader: Asha Subas, Chair, Global Election Committee
- Regional leader: Roz Reymers, Non-Country Committee Coordinator, Americas Region
- Global leader: Julia Bryan, Global DA Chair
- Is led by members residing across five time zones, who meet online
- Board members can live anywhere from Dawson City to St. John’s, and from Tofino to Rigolet
- Needs leadership to build on the momentum of our 2020 successes
- Is currently accepting nominations to elect new officers for the 2021-23 term
Are you interested in running for a seat on the DA Canada Board? Want more information about what a position requires, or what is expected of a DPCA Voting Representative?
The Nominations & Elections Committee will be holding two Question & Answer sessions for any DA Canada member who is interested in becoming a candidate.
Learn about two new elected positions; Volunteer Manager, and Programs & Events Manager.
The sessions will take place via Zoom.
Session #1: Wednesday, March 10th 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT [RSVP below for Zoom information]
Session #2: Saturday, March 13th 2:00 PM ET / 11:00 AM PT [Click here to RSVP]
Thank you for your interest in DA Canada and the Democratic Party!
DemsAbroad Canada Nominations & Elections Committee
Larry Rousseau, Chair
Peter Tesche, Teller of Elections
John Yee, Technical Advisor
Do you like this page?