Helping American Families Abroad receive the Child Tax Credit
THIS EVENT HAS NOW PASSED. YOU CAN WATCH THE RECORDING OF THE WEBINAR HERE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6chFkBQPuk
American families abroad could be eligible for the increased $3,000 or $3,600 Child Tax Credit in addition to the Economic Stimulus Payments. This means that a family of four could be eligible for up to $15,000 from the IRS. In order to be eligible, American families need to file a tax return. This webinar will aim to educate American families to ensure those most in need can receive the money sooner rather than later.
WHEN: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 9am CET View in your time zone
WHERE: Zoom call
RSVP below, and we will send you an email with access details.
While there is no donation required to attend, we hope you’ll consider a donation of $10. Click here to donate.
Thank you for your support - we look forward to you joining the webinar!
Topics we will address include:
- The basics of filing a US return while living abroad
- How to figure out how to claim the Child Tax Credit and how much your family is eligible to receive
- How to receive the Economic Stimulus Payments
- What payments you're eligible to receive and when
- How would this impact parental leave income
- How to register a birth from abroad
- How to obtain a Social Security Number in order to claim the Child Tax Credit
Guests speakers include:
- Katelynn Minott - CPA at Bright!Tax, Director and Partner
- Jack Leuchtman - Regional Federal Benefits Officer at Social Security
- Amy Delamaide - Consular Officer, Passport Unit at the U.S. Embassy in London
Add event to calendar
For those unable to attend the event, the webinar will be recorded and posted to YouTube after. Please subscribe to the Democrats Abroad YouTube channel to be notified when the recording is made available.
IMPORTANT: Democrats Abroad does not provide personal tax advice or recommendations. We recommend that you engage a qualified, professional tax adviser to address questions related to your personal financial situation.