Candice Kerestan rsvped for Monthly Meeting Derek Bembry - Black Caucus Chair 2019-07-30 13:41:32 -0400
Derek Bembry Democrats Abroad very own new chair to the Black Caucus will come from Frankfurt to speak with our Munich Chapter. He will focus on a topic that transcends race and is at the heart of the 2020 elections, get out the vote! Not just with Democrats Abroad but with their friends, their families and colleagues. Followed by a short talk about the Black Caucus platform that he is supporting, advocating, focusing on 3 clear initiatives. Derek Bembry will conclude with his thoughts on how the candidates will adopt these in their campaigns, Voting Rights, Voter Suppression and Student DebtWHENSeptember 11, 2019 at 7pmWHEREEineWeltHaus
Google map and directions
Please stay tuned for the rescheduled event.WHENAugust 17, 2019 at 12pm - August 18, 2019 at 12pm
Are you an American in the Würzburg area looking to get active in Democrats Abroad?
Then be sure to join us at our stand at the Würzburger Stadtfest on Saturday, September 14th from 10:00am to 10:00pm. We'll be passing out DA materials as well as helping Americans join Democrats Abroad and learn about ways to get involved.
As this would not be possible without the help of volunteers, we are looking for people to help at our stand on this day. Shifts run for three hours - please feel free to sign up for more than one if you are able. Ideally, we would have at least three volunteers at the stand at any given time. To sign up, please click this link.
More detailed information will be sent to you closer to the event.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.WHENSeptember 14, 2019 at 10amWHEREWürzburger Stadtfest
Exact location TBD closer to event
Google map and directions
Candice Kerestan donated 2019-05-07 18:52:49 -0400
The Youth Caucus of Democrats Abroad is committed to generating awareness of the concerns of young Americans and the challenges they face for the purpose of informing party policy-making and improving party outreach and organizing. The Youth Caucus will provide a platform for young Democrats abroad - those who are and those who seek to become politically active - to engage in and lead on issues and campaigns important to them.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Youth Caucus will be “youth-led” but open to those of all ages who support these central aims.
The Youth Caucus will/proposes to:
- Build political engagement by young Americans Democrats abroad. Initiatives will make young Americans abroad aware of: voter registration and voting from abroad; issue education, advocacy and activism, especially youth-led and youth-related; candidates and campaigns, especially those of young Democrats; US political and election organizing from abroad; and overseas and domestic youth networks, contacts and resources.
- Sponsor issue-focused Working Groups: The Caucus will engage young Democrats abroad in issues advocacy by inviting them to join teams studying particular issues (eg Environmental Sustainability Working Group) and developing and coordinating youth-led advocacy activities and campaigns.
- Establish web-based communication channels for on-going youth outreach: A Youth Caucus Blog on the Democrats Abroad Youth Caucus webpage will provide continuous access to the work of the Youth Caucus and facilitate participation by members globally.
- Work online. Membership will not be constrained by physical location. All general meetings, campaigns, fundraisers etc. will be conducted online via Skype, Social Media, Email, and Online Markets.
- Encourage caucus members to organize live local events and gatherings for political education and outreach, issues advocacy or socializing.
- Be youth-led, with a leadership team made up of volunteers from around the world aged between 18 and 35.
- Engage with US-based Young Democrats or College Democrats groups to share information, advice, intelligence and ideas, build networks and to cross-promote each other.
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.
Candice Kerestan rsvped for 2019 Democrats Abroad Annual Oktoberfest Extravaganza (Early Bird Tickets) 2019-04-07 10:44:30 -0400
What started out 11 years ago as a Democrats Abroad "FUN-draiser" is now one of DA’s premier events worldwide. Join us at Munich’s Oktoberfest, with 100 Democrats from all around the world, in one of the most traditional beer tents.
Join us on Sunday, October 6, 2019, for the 11th Annual Democrats Abroad Oktoberfest Extravaganza! This is a fun event for members from around Germany and around Europe to come together and have a good time.
We have reservations for tables in the "Gallerie", specifically an area upstairs so that we are above the main crowd, from 11 am until 2:30 pm.
($75) Early Bird ticket sales are now complete.
Each ticket includes:
- A reserved seat in the “Gallerie”
- A half roasted chicken (there are vegetarian options available)
- Two liters of Spaten beer (there are other beverage options, too)
- A 10-euro coupon for other purchases
JOIN US – YOU’LL NEVER FORGET IT!
“I loved being able to get together with DA friends and have fun at this world-famous event!" Christine Moritz, Frankfurt
“It doesn't get better than this, Bavarian hospitality, beer, dirndls & lederhosen. Democrats from around the world lifting a glass to elect more Democrats! Prost!" Susan Haug, London
“I had a great weekend in Munich, and Oktoberfest is yet more proof that Democrats know how to Party!" Scott Stroud, Toulouse
To buy General Tickets for Oktoberfest 2019 please use the link here:WHENOctober 06, 2019 at 11amWHERESchottenhamel Tent
Munich, BY 80336
Google map and directions