Cleve Jones will speak about "This is not my first pandemic" to Democrats Abroad in a webinar hosted by Solidarity Sundays Austria and the Democrats Abroad Global LGBTI Caucus.
Cleve will discuss and draw the parallels between the AIDS and COVID-19 government then and now. Both pandemics began with a Republican president in the White House who did not perceive the gravity of the situation and failed to lead the country.
Date: Sunday, May 31st
Time: 17:00 (CEST/Paris)/ 11:00 AM (EDT/New York)
08:00 PDT (San Francisco, Seattle)
10:00 CDT (Mexico City, Chicago)
11:00 EDT (New York, Washington D.C., Florida)
16:00 GMT (London)
17:00 CEST (PARIS, Spain, Germany, Sweden)
00:00 JST (Tokyo)
Learn more about Cleve Jones
Please RSVP to receive the meeting link information.
Visit us on Facebook: Cleve Jones: This is not my first pandemic
Help support DA’s phone banking efforts! Your $5 donation will help us reach 25 voters. Please donate today by clicking here and kindly make a donation for this event!
Thank you for your support - we look forward to you joining the webinar!WHENMay 31, 2020 at 11amWHEREZoom
Time to Get Out The Vote (GOTV)!Are you interested in helping register U.S. voters living abroad? Are you a phonebanker who gets questions about how to vote from abroad? Do YOU want to know how to register and request your absentee ballot? Join us for a webinar that will walk you through the voter registration platform VotefromAbroad.org.WHENJune 08, 2020 at 7pmWHEREOnline
Google map and directions
In order to provide the margin of victory in November, we need to increase voter participation from abroad. Only 7% of US citizens abroad cast ballots in 2016 — we must do everything possible to turn out more of the 3+ million US voters from around the globe in 2020!
What is it?
Dialing for Democracy is a fundraising call-a-thon, in which our outstanding phonebankers make as many calls as they can from 9:00am to 9:00pm CEST on Flag Day, June 14 (we will reach thousands of overseas voters!). DA and callers will work together to secure sponsors who will push us to reach our calling goals and generously provide the critical funds to keep our voter outreach projects going strong through November!
From 7:30pm to 9:30pm, we will also be live on Facebook to track our progress and hear from our callers. It will be fun, it will be informative, and it will be an opportunity to connect with fellow DA members as we all encourage our callers in the final stretch.
How do we do this?
It's easy! Sign up today to make calls via this Google form and let us know how many calls you will make during the call-a-thon. You'll then receive information to pass along to your friends and family to secure pledges. You may ask your sponsors for whatever amount feels comfortable — but please take this opportunity to stretch your goal! The more we raise, the more we have to get out the overseas vote and win in November!
Look at your friends and family members (even in the US!) and decide who you would like to ask to sponsor you. You can call them (always great!) or email them. You can post on social media, too. Let them know from the heart why you are spending your precious time "dialing for democracy". Then ask them to please support you — and democracy(!) — on Flag Day!WHENJune 14, 2020 at 9amWHERECallHub
Google map and directions
Join Candice Kerestan, DA Germany Chair, and Kenton Barnes, DA Germany Vice-Chair, for an online "Meet and Greet" on Saturday, May 30 from 3:30pm to 5:00pm. We'll discuss our organization's structure and goals, the process of voting from abroad, and ways you can contribute to Democrats' success in this critical election year.
Whether you're a long-time member or completely new to DA Germany, we warmly welcome all members to join us for this afternoon event. We hope to answer any questions you may have about DA Germany or voting from abroad, as well as foster a lively, productive discussion with each other.
To actively participate in the event, you will need a computer with an internet connection as well as a working microphone.
Please RSVP to the event if you'd like to attend. Once we've received your RSVP, we will send you the login link. We hope many of you can join us!WHENMay 30, 2020 at 3:30pmWHEREOnline
Google map and directions
Tuesday June 2, 2020
9:00am Munich, 3:00pm Hong Kong, 5pm Sydney
Overview of Membership Management, Email Administration, and WebPosting for Admins, Data Privacy Explained, and more!
All country and Chapter admins are welcome!
RSVP below to receive meeting details.WHENJune 02, 2020 at 3amWHEREWebEx -ONLINE
Candice Kerestan donated 2019-05-07 18:52:49 -0400
The Youth Caucus of Democrats Abroad is committed to generating awareness of the concerns of young Americans and the challenges they face for the purpose of informing party policy-making and improving party outreach and organizing. The Youth Caucus will provide a platform for young Democrats abroad - those who are and those who seek to become politically active - to engage in and lead on issues and campaigns important to them.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Youth Caucus will be “youth-led” but open to those of all ages who support these central aims.
The Youth Caucus will/proposes to:
- Build political engagement by young Americans Democrats abroad. Initiatives will make young Americans abroad aware of: voter registration and voting from abroad; issue education, advocacy and activism, especially youth-led and youth-related; candidates and campaigns, especially those of young Democrats; US political and election organizing from abroad; and overseas and domestic youth networks, contacts and resources.
- Sponsor issue-focused Working Groups: The Caucus will engage young Democrats abroad in issues advocacy by inviting them to join teams studying particular issues (eg Environmental Sustainability Working Group) and developing and coordinating youth-led advocacy activities and campaigns.
- Establish web-based communication channels for on-going youth outreach: A Youth Caucus Blog on the Democrats Abroad Youth Caucus webpage will provide continuous access to the work of the Youth Caucus and facilitate participation by members globally.
- Work online. Membership will not be constrained by physical location. All general meetings, campaigns, fundraisers etc. will be conducted online via Skype, Social Media, Email, and Online Markets.
- Encourage caucus members to organize live local events and gatherings for political education and outreach, issues advocacy or socializing.
- Be youth-led, with a leadership team made up of volunteers from around the world aged between 18 and 35.
- Engage with US-based Young Democrats or College Democrats groups to share information, advice, intelligence and ideas, build networks and to cross-promote each other.
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.