Sunday, December 31
London, United Kingdom
(RECORDING) DAUK Tax Committee Presents: Expat Tax 101RSVP
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED. SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM TO BUY THE RECORDING FOR $7.50
Join Democrats Abroad UK (DAUK) for this special hybrid (in-person and online) event to discuss the basics of US tax filing requirements for Americans living in the UK. The aim of this event is to educate you on your basic tax filing obligations and commonly asked tax questions such as:
- When is the tax filing deadline for Americans living outside the US?
- How much do I need to earn to file?
- Can I open a UK pension as a US citizen?
- Do I have to pay capital gains tax to the IRS when I sell my UK home?
- How much do I have to earn in order to be double taxed?
- Do I get double taxed if I'm self-employed in the UK or have a UK Limited Company?
This event is for you if:
- you just moved to the UK from the US and you're unsure of your tax obligations
- you haven't filed for decades
- you're scared to face your tax filing obligation or don't know what questions to ask to get started
- you've filed for years but you're not sure if you're doing it right, or
- you've filed every year but you've wanted a straightforward answer for a specific issue
- Migle Kuzmaite, US Tax Lead @ MyExpatTaxes
- Liz Zitzow, MD @ British American Tax
- Tim Johnson, Managing Director @ American UK Tax Solutions
- 6:30pm Doors open
- 7:00pm Start and introductions
- 7:10pm Speaker presentations
- 7:45pm Panel discussion
- 8:00pm Q&A
- 8:30pm Networking with speakers
- 9:00pm End
Attendees are asked to please pre-submit any questions you have by emailing [email protected]. The more questions we get in advance, the better we can prepare and shape the program around the things you want to learn about the most!
Add event to calendar
The fine print:
- No refunds are available.
- In-person seating is limited in capacity so please only purchase an in-person ticket if you are able to attend. Otherwise, please purchase a webinar ticket.
- If you have booked an in-person ticket and can no longer attend in-person, you can transfer your ticket to attend online or to receive the recording. In this case, please email [email protected] to request a ticket transfer. You must do this at least 24 hours in advance as in-person seating capacity is limited and there could be a waitlist for in-person tickets.
- For those unable to attend in person or online on this date, you have the option to purchase an on-demand ticket to view the recording after the event takes place.
- For those attending in person, no food or drink will be served. You are welcome to bring a bottle of water for your own personal consumption. Please eat before arriving. Food is not allowed inside the lecture theatre.
- We can't guarantee we will be able to answer all questions submitted before, during, or after the event, but we will try to answer as many questions as possible. Speakers are encouraged to network with attendees after the panel discussion but, we can't guarantee you will be able to meet with specific speakers.
- Democrats Abroad UK follows LSE's on-campus COVID measures for this event.
- This event is closed to the press.
Please email [email protected] to be added to the mailing list to keep up to date with events and actions from the DAUK Tax Committee.
Disclaimer: Democrats Abroad UK cannot provide individual tax advice. We are not tax lawyers, accountants or advisers. Please consult a professional tax adviser/accountant/return preparer when addressing your personal tax matters.
We recommend the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find a service provider who meets your needs and budget, though buyers need always beware. Democrats Abroad UK suggests Americans abroad in need of tax advice consult the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find an advisor or tax return preparer near you or providing online services: https://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf
Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 07:00 PM London Time
London School of Economics
The Marshall Building MAR108 1st Floor
44 Lincoln's Inn Fields
London WC2A 3LY
Google map and directions
DAUK Tax Committee