We need someone interested in the Equal Rights Amendment and able to work with state level ERA organizations. Please note this is an international position.
- Find state level ERA organizations to partner with – we already have Equal Means Equal at the national level but we’ve found state level groups can be very helpful
- We have a google doc with all the state legislature members and contacts. It is complete for most states but should some members change, it needs to be updated
- We also have on a google doc list of recent articles about ERA in the state – so need to post any new ones
- Need to keep up with the status of any ERA bills
- There is now a DA webpage for each state – www.democratsabroad.org/era_XX (where XX is the state abbreviation) which needs to be kept up to date
- Prepare messages for state voters on any key actions we need to do
- Anything else that will help get the state to ratify the ERA
- This job is mainly trying to keep up with the news on ERA in the state. The legislative sessions last from 2-4 months depending on the state.
Time Commitment: < 5hrs / week
Contact Person: Shari Temple, firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like this post?