Sponsored by Spain Women's Caucus
A very special opportunity to join local cookery school proprietor Ricky M live in the kitchen just a pebble’s throw from the shores of the Med. In a relaxed two hours of cooking we’ll truly master the traditional making of Paella and learn how to produce some tapas dishes for any occasion.
This bespoke 2-hour programme from coastal Catalunya in north-eastern Spain will bring alive this most well known and fabulous of dishes; a chance to tweak your own Paella or maybe cook it for the first time. Ricky will be preparing tapas too, a combo of familiar and inspiring little plates. The great thing is that you can cook along with Ricky! The time and pace will allow you to produce a Paella for family or friends to enjoy as soon as the cameras are switched off. When you sign-up to this exciting class we’ll send you a list of all the ingredients and any special cooking tools you might need, together with any prior prep required to cook live.
Ricky M is an English born chef and former restaurateur; an accomplished specialist in Catalan, Spanish and wider Mediterranean cookery based in Spain for the best part of 20 years. You’’ll never forget one of Ricky’s recipes for he adds anecdotes and enthusiasm in no small measure and his colourful personality (not to mention his image!) will always remind you of the ingredients, methods and passion that make up a meal blessed by the sun.
“This is such a great opportunity to cook again in my beautiful Catalunya, having just returned after 8 months based down south in Andalusia where the Med meets the Atlantic. Despite the restrictions of covid it was a great opportunity to learn more about the region’s food and cooking and here I’m delighted to share at least one of the tapas dishes that’s been inspired by my time south. My demo Paella will break the usual seafood vision of this great rice dish from Valencia and will be made with ingredients from the mountains, always popular when I teach this. That said, you’ll easily be able to adapt it to your own requirements.” Ricky M.
While the event is free, we are hoping you will make a small donation to support Democrats Abroad.
If you cannot afford to make a donation, consider volunteering your time, or bringing a friend to the event.
DA WebEx Host: Andrea Host-Barth invites you to attend this online meeting.
(DA WebEx Account: DAwebexHost11)
- Meeting Title = SWC - Cooking Paella with Ricky M!
- Date and Time = Fri, 18 Jun 2021 12:00:00 – US Eastern Time
- Host Provided Local Date/Time: 7 PM CET (Madrid)
- Duration = 4 hours
- Meeting number = 1724817219
- Hosted by = Andrea Host-Barth
- Meeting Password = dems
- Meeting URL: https://democratsabroad.webex.com/democratsabroad/e.php?MTID=mc92f34cc30341a8a55787bfd7c3a1fa3
— New to WebEx with Democrats Abroad? —
Detailed Instructions — Joining and Participating in this Meeting
To join the online meeting:
- Select this direct link to the meeting:
(or you can find your meeting in the WebEx Calendar at: https://democratsabroad.webex.com)
- Enter your name – with your Country Committee name – and your email address.
- Enter the meeting password: dems
- Click "Join".
- When the WebEx Meeting Center opens, please select "Use Computer for Audio" (in the Audio Conference pop-up box, under "Audio Connection"), and you will be able to hear the call conversation.
- Please remember to always MUTE your microphone unless you are speaking. To MUTE, use the red "Mute Mic" button next to your name in the Participants list on the right side of the screen). This will make the audio much clearer for everyone on the call.
Audio Conference Information
- Please join with Use Computer for Audio. There is no charge to you or to DA when using computer audio.
- If you have no other option, you can join via phone. However, Democrats Abroad is charged 5¢ per minute for your call.
- Call-in toll number (US): +1-650-479-3208
- Meeting call-in access code: 1724817219
To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:
For help and troubleshooting with WebEx, visit the DA wiki at:
NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows recording of audio and any materials exchanged or viewed during the session. Your Meeting Host should notify you if they are recording the meeting. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.