About the Position
Democrats Abroad’s (DA) global caucuses* play an important role in DA’s efforts to mobilize U.S. voter constituencies living abroad, delivering not only scale-tipping votes but elevating the voices of historically underrepresented groups in U.S. politics. In additional to understanding DA's structure and policies, especially at the global level, a successful Global Caucus Coordinator should possess strong IT, communication, and project management skills to provide innovative leadership, coordination, and support for DA’s eight global caucuses in 2021 and 2022.
*DA caucuses currently include: Asian-American and Pacific Islander, Black, Hispanic, LGBTQ+, Progressive, Veteran and Military Families, Women’s, and Youth.
- Lead and motivate DA Global Caucus Leadership
- Organize and lead regular DA Global Caucus Leadership meetings
- Create both a short and long-term strategy for DA Global Caucus’ overall growth and integration in the larger DA framework
- Assist caucuses in revising their mission statements and terms of reference for approval by the 2021-2023 DA International Executive Committee
- Provide policy and communications support to developing caucuses/councils in formation (currently: Disability, Seniors, Environmental)
- Assist caucuses in developing and executing their strategic outreach plans to increase voter turnout, education, and activation within their respective constituencies
- Ensure that a centralized list of external caucus contacts is maintained
- Assist caucuses in developing events (1-2 events per quarter), including at least one fundraiser and one caucus membership meeting annually
- Provide Global Caucus policy and communications assistance to global, regional, and country-level leaders when requested
- With DA Global Advocacy Coordinator, develop and coordinate caucus-specific advocacy campaigns and legislative outreach
- Work with DA Communications Team to organize and distribute a monthly Global Caucus newsletter, as well as relay caucus needs
- Regularly track and report on quantitative metrics regarding caucus size and engagement to the DA International Executive Committee
- Report to DA International Executive Committee members on a bi-weekly basis and regularly attend their meetings
Skills & Qualifications
- Commitment to helping Democrats Abroad, the Democratic Party, and Democratic candidates succeed
- Member of Democrats Abroad (join here)
- Deep understanding of DA’s organizational structure, especially at the global level and within caucuses
- Ability to create and achieve shared measurable goals through strong team leadership
- Ability to generate innovative ideas to better help overseas voters, as well as to motivate and oversee teams that see them through
- Ability to manage multiple projects across multiple time zones
- Expertise with Google Workspace programs, Zoom, and WebEx
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong IT skills (familiarity with NationBuilder desirable)
- Previous volunteer management experience advantageous
Estimated Time Commitment: 15 hours/week (flexible working times)
Start Date: From August 16, 2021
End Date: May 2023
Compensation: Unpaid (but tremendously rewarding!)
Please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your vision and qualifications for the role in PDF format to [email protected] by August 1, 2021.
Democrats Abroad is committed to the values and practices of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, with opportunities to provide and the ability to take feedback and learn. It is our policy to recruit, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, pregnancy, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity, disability, or any other legally protected basis.