About the Position
Democrats Abroad (DA) was the margin of victory for Joe Biden in Georgia and Arizona, and we’re determined to continue delivering scale-tipping votes in races across the United States in 2021 and 2022. A large part of our success with U.S. voters living abroad is attributable to the increased professionalism of DA’s IT infrastructure and the volunteers monitoring it. A successful Global IT Coordinator should have knowledge of DA’s structure and policies, IT experience, and strong project management skills that can be applied in a volunteer setting.
Upon appointment, and in collaboration with the DA International Chair, the Global IT Coordinator will identify at least 15 additional DA volunteers to serve on the Global IT Team. The Global IT Team will be responsible for offering systems training for DA leaders, handling IT Help Desk inquiries, managing and cleaning data, and working on custom development. Most tools are SaaS.
- Motivate, lead, and delegate tasks among the Global IT Team
- Organize and hold weekly Global IT Team meetings
- Coordinate activities of the global caucus and global team IT liaisons
- Coordinate activities of the IT Help Desk
- Coordinate IT training programs
- Monitor all IT systems
- Manage DA's annual membership clean-up and verification process
- Assist with all data audits and fixes
Skills & Qualifications
- Commitment to helping DA, the Democratic Party, and Democratic candidates succeed
- Member of Democrats Abroad (join here)
- Understanding of DA’s organizational structure at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple projects across multiple time zones
- IT background, including management experience
- Ability to work with all levels of technical skills in a volunteer setting
- Deep knowledge of NationBuilder
- Familiarity with GDPR and implications of DA’s security policies
- Ideally familiar with WebEx, Zoom, Atlassian, Fresh Desk, Bitwarden, Google Suite, and Fastmail
Estimated Time Commitment: 10-20 hours/week in 2021; 20-30 hours/week in 2022, with understanding that hours may need to increase in peak election months (August-November 2022)
Start Date: From August 16, 2021
End Date: May 2023
Compensation: Unpaid (but tremendously rewarding!)
Please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your vision and qualifications for the role in PDF format to [email protected] by August 1, 2021.
Democrats Abroad is committed to the values and practices of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, with opportunities to provide and the ability to take feedback and learn. It is our policy to recruit, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, pregnancy, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity, disability, or any other legally protected basis.