Thanks for joining the Gun Control Social Storm!
During the weekend of October 7-8:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- Check out the sample posts both below and in this link. The posts below are specific for voters abroad, with many other examples on the following Google sheet.
- Use the hashtags #GunControlNOW and #DAResists and tag your government leaders.
- Like, share and retweet our posts with these hashtags.
- Spread the word! Get your friends, family, and social circles to join in.
Sample posts: Abroad Point of View
- Every country in the developed world has done a better job at gun control. As an American voter living in country, I've seen it. Gun laws in America CAN change. They MUST change. #GuncontrolNOW #DAResists
- Hi @Senator/MoC, as an American abroad, I've seen what successful gun control looks like. The US is at the bottom of the pack. Why are you OK with this? #GuncontrolNOW #DAResists
- Hi @Senator/MoC, as an American living in country, my friends think the US is a dangerous place. They don't want to work, visit, or study there. Why are you ok with this? #GuncontrolNOW #DAResists
- I live abroad and I am TIRED of explaining why the 2nd Amendment means we allow domestic terrorism in America. ENOUGH. #guncontrolNOW #DAResists
- I live abroad and am more scared of getting shot at home than a terrorist attack overseas. #GuncontrolNOW #DAResists
- I live abroad and it's very hard to get a gun where I live. That doesn't make me vulnerable; that makes me safer. #GuncontrolNOW #DAResists
- I live abroad and I can't get a gun where I live. That doesn't make me vulnerable; that makes me safer. #GuncontrolNOW #DAResists
- My mom told me to stay safe when I moved overseas. I have to tell her the same thing at home in the US. #GuncontrolNOW #DAResists
- Questions Americans abroad are tired of answering:
- Did you vote for Trump?
- Why do Americans love guns?
- Do you own a gun?
October 08, 2017 at 6pm - October 10, 2017
Facebook and Twitter