Sunday, December 31
(Recording) Investing For Americans AbroadRSVP
Looking to invest but not able to find a brokerage account or worried about double taxation?
Join us for a frank conversation on investing as an American abroad.
WHEN: Wednesday, March 1st from 3:30-4:30am EST view your time zone
$10 General Admission / $5 Concessions. Recording available. All proceeds go to Democrats Abroad
If you are unable to attend this event you can select the recording ticket option.
Scroll to the bottom for tickets
The aim of this event is to cover topics of investing for Americans abroad. Presented by Robert Levitt of Levitt Capital Management. Please note, this session will focus on European Union regulations but will cover basic investing principles applicable anywhere.
It is really difficult for Americans abroad and dual citizens (particularly in Europe) to find ways to invest their money in the country they live in as well as in the United States. We often feel like we're stuck in a rock and a hard place, unable to open an investment account in some cases and save for our futures.
This session is for Americans abroad/U.S. citizens/dual citizens/expats who want to learn about the investment options available for Americans abroad, particularly in Europe.
Topics discussed in the session will include:
- What you can and cannot do with investments in Europe.
- Types of accounts you can have, individual, retirement
- How do you open a brokerage account if you are a US person living in Europe?
- Do you need to keep a US address and phone number?
- What is the difference between a European bank or brokerage firm versus an American one.
- What are the concerns with investment in European packaged products (PFIC)
- What are the concerns with investment in US investment products, such as ETFs (Mifid II)
- Do individual countries have different savings programs? (ISA, PEA)
Attendees are asked to please pre-submit any questions you have by using this form. The more questions we get in advance, the better we can prepare and shape the program around the things you want to learn about the most!
Please note, we can't guarantee we will be able to answer all questions submitted before, during, or after the event, but we will try to answer as many questions as possible.
Add event to calendar
Sign up to attend the other events in the Democrats Abroad Tax Webinar Series
The fine print:
- No refunds are available.
- We can't guarantee we will be able to answer all questions submitted before, during, or after the event, but we will try to answer as many questions as possible.
- This event is closed to the press.
Please click here to add yourself to the Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force mailing list to keep up to date with the actions and upcoming events.
Disclaimer: Democrats Abroad cannot provide individual tax advice. We are not tax lawyers, accountants or advisers. Please consult a professional tax adviser/accountant/return preparer when addressing your personal tax matters.
We recommend the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find a service provider who meets your needs and budget, though buyers need always beware. Democrats Abroad suggests Americans abroad in need of tax advice consult the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find an advisor or tax return preparer near you or providing online services: https://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf
Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 03:30 AM Eastern Time (US & Canada) Time
Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force