Democrats Abroad Spain
On March 30, 2019, Democrats Abroad Spain (DAS) will hold its bi-annual election of officers. The election will take place at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the Village Tap Room (Calle de Martín de los Heros, 28) Madrid. We will be sending out information about the meeting promptly.
We are now asking for nominations for candidates for each office. Below are the offices to be elected:
- And four DAS Voting Representatives (represents DAS at DA Global and participates in DAS ExCom)
- Each officers serves a term of two years.
- No officer may serve more than two consecutive terms in the same office.
- The Chair and Vice Chair must be of different sex, and preferably from different parts of Spain.
- The four Voting Representatives must also be of different sex: two women and two men.
DAS ByLaws requires that we announce in writing, or by email, the name of each person nominated for an office at least 15 daysbefore the AGM or by March 15, 2019. Nominations may also be made from the floor at the AGM, but only for an office where no candidate has yet been nominated and announced.The newly elected officers assume their duties on the date of the AGM.
Please submit nominations on the form at this link click here no later than midnight (CET) on March 12, 2019. You may fill out the form more than once in order to nominate people for various offices. The current officers are:
Chair – Jim Mercereau*
Vice-Chair – Anuradha Ghemawat*
Secretary – Tim Lawler*
Treasurer – Adrian Heredia*
Counsel – Gil Carbajal*
*Officers in their first term and eligible to run again.
Below are the requirements to run. Each nomination must contain a statement confirming that the nominee is qualified to run. Finally, each nominee must provide a detailed candidate profile that will be available on the DA website.
The nominee must:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be living abroad;
- Adhere to the principles of the Democratic Party of the US; and
- Be a member of Democrats Abroad.
Please email us with any comments or questions: [email protected]
The 2019 DAS Nominations and Elections Committee