WELCOME TO DEMOCRATS ABROAD MONTREAL!
Click here to watch this brief tutorial for assistance with completing the
Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot, or FWAB
Democrats Abroad Canada is the official country committee of the DPCA for U.S. Democrats living in Canada. We are a 100% volunteer self-funded organization helping American citizens vote in U.S. elections through voter registration and keeping Americans informed on key issues. DemsAbroad Canada engages with members of Congress on issues affecting Americans living abroad, and strives to make information available to our members on topics such as Canada/US tax filing requirements, Estate Planning, and Operating a Corporation in Canada as an American Abroad. We also provide many opportunities to volunteer with our Get Out the Vote efforts!
In 2016, 23% of Americans living abroad did not vote due to feeling disengaged with the U.S. and their local communities. The world is engaged watching the tragic way COVID has been handled and with the scenes of racial injustice happening on the streets of the U.S. - it is not an acceptable response in 2020 to say you're disengaged!
- If you file your 1040s, FBARs & FATCAs with the IRS but don't exercise your constitutional right to vote, you are agreeing to taxation without representation.
- If you want to put an end to Citizenship Based Taxation, it's going to take your vote to retain the House and secure the Senate.
- If you vote from NY stop presuming your vote isn't needed - how often has the NY State Assembly been controlled by the R's?
- If you wish to see racial & social justice in our communities you must vote as far down-ballot as permissible.
- If all registered Florida voters living in Canada in 2000 had voted, they could've changed the outcome of the election.
In 2020 it is critical we collectively do all that is possible to encourage the estimated 650k - 1m Americans in Canada to vote! Hundreds of American citizen volunteers across Canada are working to educate all eligible U.S. voters on their right to vote and how to get their ballots to vote in every election. That includes Canadians who were born in the U.S. and those born in Canada to an American parent(s), who therefore have the right to vote. Americans living in Canada CAN deliver the difference in close elections. To volunteer, email Randi Weitzner, Chapter Chair or email the DA Canada Volunteer Manager, Jamey Shick.
Go to VoteFromAbroad.org today to register for your ballot.
The Montreal Chapter posts events and news items on this page and on our Facebook page. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to see what is happening and RSVP for events that are of interest to you. We are always open to hearing from our members about ideas for helping Americans connect with each other in Montreal and the surrounding communities.
If you have questions or would like to help with Democrats Abroad in the Montreal area, please contact us by clicking here to send us an email.
Randi Weitzner, Chapter Chair
Democrats Abroad - Montreal