Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.
STAND UP AND MARCH FORWARD FOR LGBTQI RIGHTS !
Our rights are under attack, we must stand up, stand together, and march with our brothers and sisters in this year's
30 June 2018
start time estimated at 2pm
near Tuileries to Republique
We will be marching with our international friends just as last year, behind our banner that welcomes all Americans regardless of party affiliation.
The Parade will follow the same route as last year: Rivoli, to Sebastapol, to the Grand Boulevards, to Republique, where it will cap off with speeches, parties, fun, and pride !
This is a serious event, but also a joyous one, so please
JOIN US !
Bring a flag. Bring a friend. Bring a bottle of water. Bring your fabulous self.
Join Democrats Abroad for a unique front-row view of Amsterdam’s world famous Gay Pride Canal Parade!
If you’ve never experienced Amsterdam Gay Pride, thousands line the streets along the canals jostling for a glimpse of the parade as it sails past. But, we’ll have our very own boat moored at a prime location along the route!
We guarantee you the best view in town — complete with unlimited beer, wine, soft drinks, snacks and our own sound system to get the party started. You’re welcome aboard from 12:30, with the first floats arriving around 14:00. The last one closes the parade around 17:30. A limited number of VIP tickets are also available, includes a 90 minute boat tour of the city with refreshments the early evening before (Aug 3).
Visiting from out of town? Homestays are possible on a first come, first served basis. You’re welcome to contact Democrats Abroad Netherlands Chair Kendra Borgen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amsterdam Gay Pride 2018 is a week-long festival from July 28–August 5. This year’s theme is “Heroes”. Full details at www.pride.amsterdam. As a longstanding beacon of tolerance, Amsterdam has always been at the forefront of LGBT history — home of the world’s first same-sex marriages, first monument to LGBT victims of WWII, and the oldest existing gay bar on the planet.
Space is limited. First come, first served. Proceeds will help GET OUT THE VOTE in the Netherlands and around the world in 2018 and ride that blue wave into November. Contribute and be a Democrats Abroad hero today!