IMPORTANT UPDATE: We are group number 44 in the line-up, so if you plan to meet us before the parade starts, you'll need to look for #44 in the line-up area by Erwin-Schöttle Platz. See you there!
This is one of DA-Stuttgart's favorite events, and we'd love for you to join us! On the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots, we're marching to celebrate our LGBTQ+ family and to continue demanding equal rights and protections for the LGBTQ+ community in the U.S. and worldwide.
Some important details:
• The line-up begins at Erwin-Schöttle Platz, and the parade ends at Schlossplatz. You can view the parade route here: https://www.csd-stuttgart.de/index.php/demonstrieren/demo-strecke
• We will meet at 3:00 p.m. for the line-up. The parade's official start time is 3:30. We are group number 44 in the line-up.
• We have a wagon to carry our flyers, posters, extra sunscreen, and a cooler for storing ice and water. Please consider bringing your own reusable water bottle so we can reduce the amount of bottled water needed.
• The chapter has a supply of biodegradable cosmetic glitter to bedazzle any marchers who want to sparkle responsibly. Be sure to show up early if you want to get glittery before the parade starts.
• We will have our own flags, banners, and signs, but you're welcome to make your own.
• Bring your kids, partners, friends, dogs, whoever. This is a the-more-the-merrier-sort of event.
• Please remember that while the music will be loud, outfits will be outrageous, and people will be weaving in and out of the parade groups, we are guests at this joyful event. When it comes to LGBTQ+ rights, we mean business, but this event is supposed to be loose and free and fun.
This event really is a blast, and we can't wait to see you there!
#stayproud and #voteblue
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're looking for volunteers for this year's Christopher Street Day celebration, which will be taking place in Hamburg from Friday, August 2 to Sunday, August 4, 2019. As in past years, Democrats Abroad is planning on setting up an info-stand. If you'd like to help out, please RSVP today!
March with Democrats Abroad Sweden in the Stockholm Pride Parade!
This year, we are marching in support of passing the Equality Act. Bring signs and flags, and dress in pride colors, or red, white, and blue!
This is always one of the funnest events of the year. Friends and family are welcome!
The parade starts at 13:00, so we will meet to assemble our group at 12:30. The route takes about 2 hours to walk, and it can be very warm this time of the year, so bring comfortable shoes and plenty of extra water.
PLEASE RSVP. Sign up on this page so that we know who is coming. We'll send you information on exactly where to meet once we get our parade number from the organizers.
For more information on the Stockholm Pride Parade: https://www.stockholmpride.org/prideparade/
We'll be setting up an info stand at the CSD/Pride Festival in Essen. Come help us find Americans living overseas and get them to help us with next year's voting efforts! We'll need help both Friday and Saturday (August 9 and 10), times to be determined.
Join us at the Christopher Street Day Parade in Mannheim on August 10th! The Heidelberg Chapter of Democrats Abroad has a place in the parade to support our friends in the LGBTQ community, and this is also the 50 year anniversary of the Stonewall Riots, so is an especially significant year. We’ve got a big Pride banner and flags to carry, and it would be great if you want to make your own sign. We will also have a Democrats Abroad stand at the Ehrenhof (large courtyard) of the Mannheim Castle, where the parade ends. There will be live music, entertainment and food there.
- 13:30 Meet up and get ready for the start. It begins in the middle of the Quadrate, but the exact location is yet to be announced (traditionally it has been near the Abendakadamie). Stay posted for exact meet-up information
- 14:00 is the official start of the parade.
- Around 16:00 the parade ends at the Mannheimer Schloßhof, where you can buy drinks and food. We plan to get together at the Democrats Abroad stand for food and drinks, so look for us where all the info. stands are.
- Bring your friends and family. This is a serious cause, but a really fun event! Be colorful, be celebratory, just be yourself.
- It would be a good idea to bring your own water and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- If you RSVP, you will be informed of the latest information.
This event is so much fun, so come on out and be a part of it!
In honor of the Stonewall Riots 50th anniversary this year there will be a showing of the Stonewall Uprising in August. Please come and join us in celebrating this pivotal moment in LBGTQ rights.
Come join us during Copenhagen Pride Week for a Pre-Pride Parade fundraising eventJoin Democrats Abroad Denmark, for a fundraiser event benefiting the DPCA, taking place on the eve of the Copenhagen Pride Parade. Come and celebrate Copenhagen Pride Week in downtown Copenhagen overlooking the lakes. We will be joined by former US Ambassador to Denmark and Obama Finance Chair, Rufus Gifford.Your $25 ticket includes a complimentary beverage and appetizers and great company committed to equality. Kids are welcome to attend free of charge with an adult. If you would like to donate a higher amount, please enter that amount in the other field.When: August 16th, 4-7pmWhere: Downtown Copenhagen overlooking the lakes - specific address will be provided to ticket holders
DA-Denmark is marching in the Pride Parade for the third year in a row. Come and march with us! The parade starts at 1pm from Frederiksberg Town Hall and works its way through the city to end at Copenhagen City Hall Square. Information about when we will meet before the parade, and our specific starting point for the parade will be published when available closer to the event date.
This has become an annual event for DA Montreal and we invite all members to gather at the parade site to show our support. We will be marching as a group of individuals, not as DA reps, but we still need to register individually. Please go to their website and complete your individual registration.
Deadline is July 6: http://fiertemtl.com/en/take-part/registration/