RUN FOR LEADERSHIP OF DEMOCRATS ABROAD FRANCE!
Democrats Abroad France is conducting its biennial election and seeks candidates for National Officer positions, and to elect our Voting Representatives to the global organization of Democrats Abroad. All members of Democrats Abroad France may stand for election; people from under-represented communities are encouraged to apply.
American citizens living abroad have an important role to play in US elections, influencing policy, and in political activism. Engagement in Democrats Abroad France allows Americans living in France to take positive action.
The Call for Candidacies is now open for the following 11 National Officer Positions, and for 9 Voting Representatives. For details on the positions, click here.
- National Chair
- First Vice Chair
- Second Vice Chair (Chapter Liaison)
- Database/IT Manager
- GOTV Officer
- Communications Coordinator
- Issues, Programs & Events Coordinator
- Membership Outreach/Volunteer Coordinator
- Voting Representative (9)
QUESTIONS? Join us for a public information session, to answer your questions about running for leadership. Or email us at [email protected]!
WANT TO RUN FOR SOMETHING? Interested parties may self-nominate, or nominate someone by March 15th by submitting a candidate statement to [email protected].
- If you are self-nominating, please include your name and the position for which you are running. If you are nominating another person, please be sure to copy them on the email.
- Candidates are asked to provide a candidacy statement not exceeding 200 words about who they are, and why they are running. An optional small profile picture can also be included. Please also indicate your gender (male, female, or non-binary), and also whether you can be contacted by voters for questions about your candidacy. Final candidate statements should be submitted before the nominations period closes on March 15th.
- Candidates should be prepared to attend the Leadership Elections and AGM on April 1st and to speak for their candidacy. (Details to follow). Results will be announced at the meeting after the close of voting, and time needed to tabulate results.
Early voting via an online absentee ballot will be available via an email to all DA France members; those who wish to may wait to hear candidate speeches at the Election and AGM meeting on April 1, prior to the closing of voting. Results will be tabulated and announced at the meeting.
Have questions? Contact us!
Democrats Abroad France National Election Board