The 2020 Annual General Meeting for the Merida Chapter will take place online at 6:00 p.m. on June 18, 2020. You, our valued members, are encouraged to attend and participate. Due to COVID-19 social distancing recommendations the meeting will be held virtually using Cisco WebEx. The next 5 months are critical to ensure a Democratic victory in November. At the meeting, members will hear the strategy to victory and how you can help. ATTEND AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!
YOUR VOTE IS NEEDED: The Executive Committee has voted to amend the Bylaws for the Merida Chapter. Your Chapter Chair, Gary Sandblom, has also appointed those members listed below to fill Executive Committee vacancies and offices. For details see below. The Executive Committee respectfully solicits your vote approving the Bylaw amendments and Board member appointments. You may vote by attending the online meeting or you can vote electronically by completing and submitting your ballot now. An electronic vote will count toward the needed quorum, so please vote electronically now if you do not plan to attend the virtual meeting. Click HERE to GET BALLOT and VOTE now. You may also vote now if you wish and still attend the meeting.
Please RSVP to receive the details for the online meeting on June 18, 2020, by CLICKING the RSVP button below!
Read the Amended Bylaws: The Executive Committee has approved significant reforms to the Merida Chapter Bylaws to align with guidelines from the Democratic Party Committee Abroad (DPCA) and to strengthen the organization. Prior to voting we invite you to study the amended Bylaws here, and you may consult the existing Bylaws here.
Notable Changes to Bylaws:
- Change of the name of the chapter from Merida chapter to State of Yucatan chapter.
- Introduction of measures for personal data protection.
- Greater articulation of duties and responsibilities for Officers and Members-at-Large, as well as new guidelines for their nomination and election
- Adoption of new rules regarding advance notice for meetings.
- Replacement of all references to an Executive Committee with the term Board of Directors, which is more uniformly understood.
- Added requirements that a formal budget be adopted and that each standing committee provide a report to the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
Candidates appointed to fill vacancies on the Executive Committee:
- Brian Moran, Member at Large, was appointed acting Treasurer upon the resignation of Judy DeAtley
- Juanita “Anny” Schrader was appointed acting Member-at-Large upon the appointment of Brian Moran as Treasurer
- Greg Casini was appointed acting Member-at-Large upon the resignation of Caroline Membreño
The Bylaws will take effect immediately if approved by a 2/3 majority vote. The candidates will continue their new duties if approved by a simple majority vote.
Calle 60 S/N esquina con 61 y 63 Col Merida Centro
Merida, YUCATAN 97000
Google map and directions