Please phonebank! It’s that simple. For Democrats Abroad to do our part in this important too-close election. Sign up to make calls at www.democratsabroad.org/voter_support_team
We are in the critical phase of the presidential election cycle – the last 3 weeks before state deadlines are past for some of our overseas voters. We have a good list of U.S. Democrats in Germany, and we are calling every one of them to make sure they request and then send in their overseas absentee ballot.
Deadlines are fast approaching! They vary by state but the earliest are October 8!
It’s easy to fill out the ballot request form at www.VoteFromAbroad.org. So of course, do that, too, if you haven’t yet!
Phonebanking is my (and Lucky’s) favorite DA thing to do because it works!
Top 10 Reasons to Phonebank with Democrats Abroad
- IT WORKS! More than 50% of those reached go on to request their ballots.
- Americans living abroad want to vote!
- You can help in the critical battleground states even if you don’t vote there!
- You can make calls whenever it suits you!
- It is easy: You can call free around the world from any location with internet!
- We do the follow up work for you. There is no need to worry about sending emails for second calls!
- Volunteers feel rewarded by positive responses!
- Members feel a part of a community!
- It’s the best way to update DA’s membership list!
- We MUST ELECT Hillary Clinton, take back Congress and STOP Trump!
What we’re finding on the calls: most people haven’t yet taken that required step of sending in their ballot request. We also need to clear up some misconceptions: Registering for the DA Primary IS NOT the same as registering to vote! Many people think that, when they registered for the DA Global Presidential Primary in March, they had registered for the General Election as well. But this is not the case. For the General Election every American must register in his or her home state and apply for an absentee ballot.
Calls are quick and friendly, and folks are grateful for the nudge and the info. Phonebanking is the most effective tool to get out the Democrats Abroad vote, and the time to do it is now!
Join me in making some calls every day! Look forward to talking to some more of you soon.
Katie Solon (and Lucky!)
DA International Chair
Prien am Chiemsee, Bayern
P.S. Phonebanking is not the only Get Out the Vote (GOTV) effort that DAG is investing man (and woman) hours in!
- In cities throughout Germany you will find GOTV Infostands and Voter Registration events,
- Almost 1000 letters went out by post to those DAG members without phone numbers,
- All German Universities and Foreign Students Offices were contacted by email and
- Facebook & YouTube ads have been HUGELY successful, and we want to do a lot more of them through October.
These activities have proven to be very successful but do cost money, and lots and lots of volunteer hours. Deutsche Post is reliable, albeit expensive, Facebook and Youtube ads are not free and the new Phonebanking tool costs!
Please buy one of our “GOTV Survival Packs” (www.democratsabroad.org/survivalpacks), or donate to help DA Germany pay for our GOTV efforts this year:
Account name: Democrats Abroad Germany
IBAN: DE04 5405 0220 0140 2702 99
Bank: Kreissparkasse Kaiserslautern