Thank you for being part of our phonebanking team —
and delivering democracy from abroad
Democrats Abroad uses CallHub, a free-for-you online system that lets you call from a computer or tablet—all you need is internet access and a speaker with a microphone. Log in and you will see a script and the voter information so you know who you're talking to. Simply follow the script and then fill in the survey answers: no other record-keeping needed.
If you haven't called with us before, please sign in here, and then start here: Phonebanking Training.
1. Wisconsin Voter Rolls - Supreme Court General Election - February 27 to March 15, 2023
Script and Calling Instructions
Who we're calling: Non-DA members who vote in Wisconsin
Why: This is a pivotal election! The WI Supreme Court is currently a 4-3 conservative majority. If we win this seat, we will flip it to a 4-3 liberal majority.
We are contacting non-DA members who are on Wisconsin public voter rolls as likely overseas voters to ensure they are aware of this off-year special election and also let them know we can help them navigate Wisconsin's burdensome rules for overseas voting in state elections.
Slack Channels for Phonebankers:
We’ve set up two channels on the Democrats Abroad Slack workspace specifically for phonebanking volunteers:
PB Updates & Questions: We’ll use this channel to post new information, you can check it for updates. You can also ask questions and we’ll get back to you right away.
- PB Chat: A spot for you to swap ideas and stories with other phonebankers. Just be sure to follow confidentiality guidelines and NEVER provide identifying information for any DA members.
If you’d like to join these new channels, please email [email protected]
Resources for Phonebankers:
- A Typical Call (5:23)
- Adding New Contact Info, and SAVING (0:47)
- Leave a Voice Message, and Send a Text (1:30)
- Adding & Texting to a New Mobile Number (1:39)
- Already have a phonebanking account set up?
- Start calling voters abroad by logging in to CallHub at https://app.callhub.io/login
- Been awhile since you’ve made calls?
- Go to www.democratsabroad.org/phonebanking_training to refresh your phonebanking skills with our updated training materials.
- Having trouble getting into your phonebanking account?
- Email [email protected] to contact the DA help desk.
Question about Phonebanking?
If you are having any difficulties with accessing CallHub, making calls, have questions about calls, or have any other phonebanking questions, please:
Email [email protected]
Questions about Voting?
Any questions about how to vote, please:
Email [email protected] to contact the Voter Help Desk.
Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 07:00 PM Tokyo TimeZOOM ONLINE EVENT in Tokyo, Japan
DAJ LEARN TO PHONEBANK
DA Japan Phonebanking training and practice Wed April 19, 2023 7-8:30pm Japan time
April 19, 2023 Trainer: Eric Gondree, DA Japan Phone Banking Coordinator and #1 DAJ Phonebanker for 2022
help get out the vote DA's global phone banking campaign!
Phonebanking is one of the easiest and THE most effective way for to turn out the DA vote in Japan, Asia Pacific and around the globe! Join our phonebanking training to call Democrats Abroad members. After this session, you'll be ready to join in on campaigns and phonebank from the comfort of your own laptop.
If you've attended a phonebanking training but want a little support, come along and practice with others. Build your confidence and jump right into phone banking!
What will we do:
- First we will focus on training participants on the in’s and out’s of phone banking.
- Then we will focus on practicing the script
RSVP to get the Zoom link!