Phonebanking Info for our Callers
FIND BY TOPIC
Thank you for being part of our phonebanking team —
and delivering democracy from abroad
Democrats Abroad uses CallHub, a free-for-you online system that lets you call from a computer or tablet—all you need is internet access and a speaker with a microphone. Log in and you will see a script and the voter information so you know who you're talking to. Simply follow the script and then fill in the survey answers: no other record-keeping needed.
If you haven't called with us before, please sign in here, and then start here: Phonebanking Training.
1. New Jersey Primary Election: April 24 to May 22
Script and Calling Instructions
Who we're calling: DA members who vote in New Jersey
Why: To urge DA members who vote in New Jersey to request their ballot for the 2023 NJ elections now. To inform them that all NJ voters abroad who formerly lived in NJ can now vote in NJ state elections (whether or not they “intend to return”) – due to a new law which Democrats Abroad worked hard to help pass.
Also, we are using a new Branching Script format. Go here for training and tips
Slack Channels for Phonebankers:
We’ve set up two channels on the Democrats Abroad Slack workspace specifically for phonebanking volunteers:
PB Updates & Questions: We’ll use this channel to post new information, you can check it for updates. You can also ask questions and we’ll get back to you right away.
- PB Chat: A spot for you to swap ideas and stories with other phonebankers. Just be sure to follow confidentiality guidelines and NEVER provide identifying information for any DA members.
If you’d like to join these new channels, please email [email protected]
Resources for Phonebankers:
Phonebanking Training Slides NEW! Updated April 2023
Phonebanking Do's and Don'ts
- Call Dispositions - Chart
- A Typical Call (5:23)
- Adding New Contact Info, and SAVING (0:47)
- Leave a Voice Message, and Send a Text (1:30)
- Adding & Texting to a New Mobile Number (1:39)
- Already have a phonebanking account set up?
- Start calling voters abroad by logging in to CallHub at https://app.callhub.io/login
- Been awhile since you’ve made calls?
- Go to www.democratsabroad.org/phonebanking_training to refresh your phonebanking skills with our updated training materials.
- Having trouble getting into your phonebanking account?
- Email [email protected] to contact the DA help desk.
Question about Phonebanking?
If you are having any difficulties with accessing CallHub, making calls, have questions about calls, or have any other phonebanking questions, please:
Email [email protected]
Questions about Voting?
Any questions about how to vote, please:
Email [email protected] to contact the Voter Help Desk.