Happy new year! We hope you're rested and recovered from your holiday celebrations, and ready for 2020. First things first:
- Go to votefromabroad.org to request your overseas ballot. You need to do this every calendar year to make sure you can vote.
- Tell a friend to do the same!
If you need help with registering and requesting your ballot, we're here to help! Email email@example.com and come to any of the events all around Berlin, Potsdam, Leipzig, and Dresden (upcoming event list below).
We'll be kicking off 2020 in Berlin on Wednesday January 15, 2020 at The Castle in Mitte. We'll be sharing information about how to register to vote and get involved in Berlin, and finishing out the evening in our usual political pub-night style.
That's not the only event this month though: the Dresden precinct is getting together on Jan 18th, as well as the Mitte(Jan 20) and Kreuzberg (Jan 23) Kiez groups. Join activists and organizers from all over Germany at the Annual General Meeting in Munich (Jan 24-26) -- it's not too late to register!
Help us by keeping an eye out for a temporary Berlin headquarters the next few months. We're happy to discuss office sublet or sharing options -- most of our voter registration and phone banking will usually be on evenings & weekends. Got an idea where our 2020 home could be, near transit with great internet? Read our wishlist and drop us a line!
Volunteering in 2020
2020 is the best time to get involved and have an impact on the future of the U.S. You can make a difference from here in Germany, reaching out to voters living abroad, making sure people register and request their ballots, and more!
- As we gear up in 2020, help keep our websites, Facebook, and Twitter accounts lively and up-to-date as Web & Social Media volunteer
- Become a Kiez Captain to get out the vote and help neighbors and volunteers in different Berlin districts
- Reach out to U.S. students studying at universities in Germany vote as the Study Abroad Coordinator
- Prefer something you can do at home? Phonebankers make calls to other Americans living abroad to remind them about voting. All you need is a computer and headphones.
Sound like something you might be interested in? Send us your questions and how you'd like to get involved to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call with Stacey Abrams, Fair Fight, and DNC on Voter Protection
Tue. Jan 14, 2020, 9-10pm (Berlin time)
Online call - RSVP for video conference link
January 2020 Kickoff Meeting & Pub Night
January Book Club: The Cave by José Saramago
Kiez Meetup – Rosenthaler Platz (Mitte)
Kiez Meetup – Mehringdamm (Kreuzberg)
Events outside Berlin
January Meetup and Ballot Requests – Dresden
Democrats Abroad Germany – Annual General Meeting
Democrats Abroad Berlin
* 2020 presidential candidate events are not Democrats Abroad events. All campaigns are welcome to share any eventsthey’re organizing in Berlin for inclusion in our email newsletter.
Democrats Abroad, from the international level to country committees, caucuses and task forces, does not endorse or offer preferential treatment to any Democratic candidate when they are running against other Democrats.
We are proud to support the democratic process, and the full breadth of candidates in the running for the 2020 Democratic Party presidential nomination. As such, we reaffirm our commitment to supporting a fair and free impartial election, including before, during and after the Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary.