Robbie Checkoway published Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary | March 3-10, 2020 in News 2019-12-30 14:11:46 -0500
Did you know Democrats Abroad holds its own primary election? We send our own delegates to the Democratic Convention. And we have our say in choosing the Democratic nominee for president. Voting in the Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary instead of your home state is easy for you — and good for all of us.
To vote in the Global Presidential Primary, join Democrats Abroad today!
EASY FOR YOU. No need to request a ballot and post it home again. Simply drop into your local Voting Center. Or download a ballot and email it back. You’ll still need to get an absentee ballot for the general election in November. But, for now, join US voters around the world and vote where you live.
GOOD FOR ALL OF US. Concerned about issues like taxation, FATCA, or Social Security? Voting in the Global Primary shows Congress that we’re out here, in our millions, all around the globe. It gives Democrats Abroad the clout to lobby for us all and make a difference.
VOTING CENTERS IN THE NETHERLANDS
Vote in Amsterdam | Super Tuesday
4–9PM, Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Boom Chicago, Rozengracht 117
Vote in Utrecht | March 7
2–5PM, Saturday, March 7, 2020
TGI Fridays, Stationsplein 18
Vote in The Hague | March 8
1:30–4:30PM, Sunday, March 8, 2020
American Book Center, Lange Poten 23
Voting is also possible by post and email. Details will be sent to all Democrats Abroad members by email.
NOTE: This is a primary for president only. To vote in local primary races, you can request a ballot from your state. If you do, leave the choice of presidential nominee blank. Don’t vote twice!
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.