Are you interested in learning more about the future of Democrats Abroad in the UAE and how you can contribute over the next two years? Join us as we host a virtual mixer to hear from current members of the DA-UAE Executive Committee about the direction of our chapter. We will also discuss the open positions up for election at our Annual General Meeting in April.
The mixer will be virtual, details below:
- Date – 20th of March 2021
- Time – 2:15pm – 4:00pm (Gulf Standard Time)
- Zoom link – Provided upon RSVP
Please RSVP if you are able to attend so that we know how many to expect.
The positions on the Executive Committee that we need to fill are listed below.
- Chair - The Chair is the chief executive officer of DA-UAE, responsible for calling and presiding over all general meetings and the ExCom, establishing the agenda of such meetings, and carrying out the DA-UAE programs, policies, and activities.
- Vice Chair - In the absence of the Chair, the Vice Chair is responsible for fulfilling the duties of the Chair. The Vice Chair may also have other duties to support the Chair. Please note that the Chair and Vice Chair must be of different genders, per DA-UAE bylaws.
- Secretary - The Secretary maintains a current list of members of the organization, takes and distributes the minutes of all meetings, and maintains all DA-UAE files and administrative records.
- Treasurer - The Treasurer manages DA-UAE finances and makes financial reports to members as needed..
- Counsel - The Counsel provides advice on legal and procedural issues (note: the DA-UAE bylaws do not require that this position is filled by a lawyer, but someone with legal knowledge would be helpful).
- Democratic Party Committee Abroad (DPCA) Voting Representative - The DPCA Voting Representative represents Democrats Abroad UAE in international meetings, this position may require international travel and out of pocket expenses (although virtual attendance is also acceptable).
- At-Large Members (2 positions available).The At-Large Members participate in the work of the ExCom to support the organization by engaging in such projects and committees as needed for the effective functioning of DA-UAE.
IF YOU WANT TO RUN FOR ONE OF THESE POSITIONS, please complete the nomination form (https://forms.gle/x9nrHJwhty5tkgq98) to declare your interest by 31 of March 2021. The Nominations Committee will send out the slate of candidates by 3 April, and we will be open voting online prior to our Annual General Meeting on 24 April at 3:00 pm UAE time. Ballots and information regarding the annual meeting will be sent closer to the election.
Again, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lani San Antonio at [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you on March 20!
Lani San Antonio
Chair, Nominating Committee
Democrats Abroad, UAE
United Arab Emirates
Google map and directions