Sunday, December 31
(RECORDING) How To Catch Up On Filing US Taxes From Abroad (Streamlined Filing)RSVP
Are you a US or dual citizen and you just found out you're supposed to be filing a US tax return every year?
Join us for this extra special Zoom webinar on how to catch up on filing US taxes as an American Abroad using the Streamlined Filing Procedure.
WHEN: Wednesday, February 22nd from 3:30-4:30am EST view your time zone
$10 General Admission / $5 Concessions. Recording available. All proceeds go to Democrats Abroad
If you are unable to attend this event you can select the recording ticket option.
Scroll to the bottom for tickets
The aim of this event is to explain how to get caught up on your US taxes using the Streamlined Filing Procedure. Presented by Nathalie Goldstein from MyExpatTaxes. This event will explain the basics of how to file a US return for Americans abroad and what to do if you haven't been filing.
This session is for Americans abroad/U.S. citizens/dual citizens/expats who:
- Filed when you first moved abroad but haven't done it for a while and need to get back on top of filing
- Haven’t filed since you moved abroad
- Just moved abroad and don’t know how to start
- Just learned you’re supposed to file and want to get caught up
Topics discussed in the session will include:
- How many years back do I have to file?
- When is the tax filing deadline for Americans living outside the US?
- How much do I need to earn to file?
- Do I have to file if I'm retired?
- How much do I have to earn in order to be double taxed?
Attendees are asked to please pre-submit any questions you have by using this form. The more questions we get in advance, the better we can prepare and shape the program around the things you want to learn about the most!
Please note, we can't guarantee we will be able to answer all questions submitted before, during, or after the event, but we will try to answer as many questions as possible.
Add event to calendar
- Feb 15 - How To File The FBAR RSVP here
- March 1 - Investing For Americans Abroad RSVP here
- March 8 - Retirement & Taxes For Americans Abroad RSVP here
The fine print:
- No refunds are available.
- We can't guarantee we will be able to answer all questions submitted before, during, or after the event, but we will try to answer as many questions as possible.
- This event is closed to the press.
Please click here to add yourself to the Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force mailing list to keep up to date with the actions and upcoming events.
Disclaimer: Democrats Abroad cannot provide individual tax advice. We are not tax lawyers, accountants or advisers. Please consult a professional tax adviser/accountant/return preparer when addressing your personal tax matters.
We recommend the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find a service provider who meets your needs and budget, though buyers need always beware. Democrats Abroad suggests Americans abroad in need of tax advice consult the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find an advisor or tax return preparer near you or providing online services: https://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf
Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 03:30 AM Eastern Time (US & Canada) Time
Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force