Wednesday, July 19
Student Loan Relief for Americans Abroad WebinarRSVP
With the Supreme Court striking down Federal Student Loan Relief, student loan payments will resume on October 1. Join us for this special webinar that will cover your top questions on what you need to do now that student loan payments will resume.
WHEN: Wednesday, July 19, 2022 View in your time zone
|1:00pm New York|
|2:00am Japan (Thursday, July 20)|
|3:00am Sydney (Thursday, July 20)|
WHERE: Zoom call
The suggested donation for this event is $10 general or a $5 discount for students, unemployed, or retired. $5 recording only tickets also available. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to donate.
Once you RSVP, we will send you an email with access details.
We will aim to cover questions such as:
- What do I need to do now that student loan payments are going to resume?
- How do I make payments on my federal student loans while living abroad?
- How can I get my payments down?
- Should I pay off my student loan?
- What do I do if I've defaulted on my student loans?
- What is the difference between taking the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion vs Foreign Tax Credit for my student loan payments?
- How do I get the best exchange rate to transfer money back to the US to make payments?
- Are there other options to get my student loan debt and payments down?
This event is for you if:
- you think you have student loans, but you're not sure
- you've defaulted on your student loans and don't know how to face it
- you've lived abroad for a long time but don't know what your student loan options are now
- you're concerned you can't afford to pay off your student loan, or
- you already know a lot but you just want a straightforward answer for a specific issue
The federal student loan relief was only possible because Democrats were elected! Make sure you register to vote to elect Democrats in the critical midterms by going to votefromabroad.org
- Introductions (5 minutes)
- Presentation (40 minutes)
- Q&A (15 minutes)
Add event to calendar
For those unable to attend the event, please RSVP at the bottom of the page anyway, you will be emailed the recording after the event takes place.
IMPORTANT: Democrats Abroad does not provide personal tax advice or recommendations. We recommend that you engage a qualified, professional tax adviser to address questions related to your personal financial situation.
Wednesday, July 19, 2023 at 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada) Time