Sunday, December 31
(RECORDING) How to Survive Tax Day as an American AbroadRSVP
Feeling lost or overwhelmed about filing your IRS tax return this year?
Join us for a consumer focused Zoom webinar on How to Survive Tax Day as an American Abroad!
WHEN: Wednesday, January 11th from 1:30-2:30pm EST view your time zone
$10 General Admission / $5 Concessions. Recording available. All proceeds go to Democrats Abroad
Scroll to the bottom for tickets
The aim of this event is to help you feel more confident going into filing your US tax return this year. Presented by Rebecca Lammers, Chair of the Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force. This is a consumer focused webinar to help you save money on your tax preparation costs.
This session is for Americans abroad/U.S. citizens/dual citizens/expats who:
- Aren’t happy with your accountant and want to switch
- File yourself but you're not sure if you're doing it right
- Filed when you first moved abroad but haven't done it for a while and need to get back on top of filing
- Haven’t filed since you moved abroad
- Just moved abroad and don’t know how to start
- Just learned you’re supposed to file and want to get caught up
Topics discussed in the session will include:
- The Taxpayer Bill of Rights
- Deciding between filing yourself, using a tax preparation software, or hiring an accountant
- The difference between an EA, CPA, and tax attorney
- How to spend $0 to file your own taxes
- How to get free tax prep if you're a 50+ senior
- How to find an accountant
- How to keep your tax prep costs as low as possible
- What to do if you don’t know how to get started
- How to contact the IRS and communicate with them
Ticket proceeds go to Democrats Abroad, feel free to donate additional recording tickets to bump up your donation!
Feel free to email [email protected] if you have any questions about this event. Note: No tax professionals will be speaking at this webinar. If you have questions specific to your circumstances, please seek the advice of a qualified tax professional.
If you are unable to attend this event you can select the recording ticket option (scroll to the bottom of this page)
Add event to calendar
The fine print:
- No refunds are available.
- We can't guarantee we will be able to answer all questions submitted before, during, or after the event, but we will try to answer as many questions as possible.
- This event is closed to the press.
Please click here to add yourself to the Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force mailing list to keep up to date with the actions and upcoming events.
Disclaimer: Democrats Abroad cannot provide individual tax advice. We are not tax lawyers, accountants or advisers. Please consult a professional tax adviser/accountant/return preparer when addressing your personal tax matters.
We recommend the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find a service provider who meets your needs and budget, though buyers need always beware. Democrats Abroad suggests Americans abroad in need of tax advice consult the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find an advisor or tax return preparer near you or providing online services: https://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf
Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada) Time
Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force