Join the Democrats Abroad Global Black Caucus (GBC) Get Out The Vote (GOTV) Team - Helping to Achieve High Record-Breaking Voter Turnout in the US 2020 Elections.
Our goal is to reach every African American living outside of the US and Allies who are not current members of Democrats Abroad. We will help them register to vote and request their absentee ballots via votefromabroad.org and encourage them to return their ballots for the November 2020 elections.
We will encourage them to become active members of Democrats Abroad.
We will encourage them to perform GOTV efforts within their communities, networks, and alliances in the US.
Use the script before to help you make a short video.Read more
Right now Democrats Abroad- Global Black Caucus is ramping up our voter registration and get out the vote efforts as we get closer to November. We want to make sure that every African American and ally living abroad has the opportunity to vote, and we need your help!
We are asking Americans living abroad to sign up to help us make GOTV videos to share on our social media channels. We also need people who would love to have conversations with us on Facebook Live about voting as an American living overseas. If you are interested, please sign-up here and we will send you further instructions: https://forms.gle/Cxvz2sntmeva36A29Read more
The following NAACP scholarships are now open:
1- The Agnes Jones Jackson Scholarship
- Applicant must be a current member of the NAACP
- Scholarship amount: twenty (20) to forty (40) scholarships available. Maximum scholarship amount is $2,000.00.
2- The Hubertus W.V. Willems Scholarship for male students
- Applicant must be a male majoring in one of the following fields: Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematical Sciences.
- NAACP membership and participation are highly desirable.
- Scholarship amount: twenty (20) to forty (40) Scholarships available.
- Maximum scholarship award is $3,000.00.
3- The James Weldon Johnson Scholarship of the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity
- Applicant must compose a 500-750 word essay that addresses how the life and legacy of James Weldon Johnson has impacted them, OR
- Compose a 500 – 750-word analysis of “Lift Every Voice and Sing”,
- Scholarship amount: seven (7) scholarships worth $3,000 each, available annually.
- One (1) recipient per NAACP region
Global Black Caucus For The Win
Help Democrats Abroad Global Black Caucus fight for our democracy in 2021 and beyond.
Donations of any size will help us "Get Out the Vote" and support the Biden/Harris Administration in the mid-term elections.
Donations are to Democrats Abroad (Democratic Party Committee Abroad) and not to any candidate for Federal Office.Donate
2.23 miles. Out for a run
Some Georgia boys filled him with bullets
But we don’t learn til two months later bout
This ex-cop vigilante and his son
An EMT. Sleep in her bed
Police rained down a storm of bullets
But no cops have been indicted
They arrested her watchful boyfriend, instead
A man of character and stature
Who stood for something,
Killed on a curb with kneecaps in his neck
The camel’s back was fractured
Land of the free
Built on murder, theft, and rape
Maybe collectively woke up
Said “Now I see it!”
Revolution’s taking shape.
Near and far, the world was sick
But felt the fracture
They ascended like a rapture
Stepped in unison
Proclaiming BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Equality don’t come on silver plattersThe world won’t sleep again til Black Lives Matter