DAG chapter elections are right around the corner! Are you interested in running for a position in your chapter’s elections? Learn more about opportunities in your chapter and all you need to know about being a candidate at the Information Session for Potential Candidates on Wednesday, February 22, 2023 from 7-8pm CET. We'll be there to answer any of your questions!
Please RSVP to receive the meeting link.
2023 will be an important year for Democrats Abroad Germany to come back together and reestablish our strong community of members. This will be our year to establish the foundation necessary to make sure we can hit the ground running in 2024. At Democrats Abroad Germany, our goal will always be to get each and every U.S. citizen in Germany to vote.
After almost three years of mainly meeting online, we are pleased to invite you to our upcoming Annual General Meeting in Ingelheim am Rhein. The official meeting will take place at the iCC Konferenzzentrum in Ingelheim from Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26.
We will also elect our new Executive Committee (ExCom). These are the leaders of DA Germany and includes several officers, nine at-large coordinators, and 13 Voting Representatives. You can learn more about the election process, who's running, and how you can run yourself here.
If you are unable to attend in person, you still have the option to join the meeting online.
Friday, March 24
- Starting at 17:00: A welcome cocktail reception to connect with each other over drinks.
Saturday, March 25
- 9:00: The first half of the meeting will be focused on "Rebuilding and Reorganizing". We will briefly highlight our activities across Germany over the past year. Our full attention will then be directed at how we can strengthen our organization after spending almost three years as a largely online organization. 2023 is the year for us to come back together and build the foundation we will need to be successful in 2024.
- 13:00: After lunch, elections for the new DA Germany leadership will be held. More information on the elections is below.
- 19:00: Following the meeting, we’ll gather for a three-course gala dinner at the nearby restaurant Winzerkeller.
Sunday, March 26
- 10:00: Members of the newly elected Executive Committee will hold their first meeting to discuss the next steps and to get a chance to meet everyone.
- For those that are not from the region, we will visit the Museum bei der Kaiserpfalz. This includes the Ingelheim Imperial Palace, which served emperors and kings as a lodging and a ruling seat. Following the tour, everyone is welcome to have lunch together at a local restauran.
For in-person attendance, we are asking for a donation of $35 for the main meeting on Saturday. The cost for meals are as follows:
- Friday cocktail reception: $15
- Saturday lunch: $10
- Saturday gala dinner (three-course meal): $65
Under the rules of the Democratic Party and Democrats Abroad, a fee for attending the meeting is not allowed. However, we kindly ask for a donation to cover use of the iCC Konferenzzentrum, drinks (coffee, tea, water, and more), technical equipment, copies, and supplies. We ask that you donate this amount to help us avoid drawing down the DA Germany treasury, which is devoted to getting out the vote. Participants do have to pay for meals.
We will collect information regarding any food allergies prior to the meeting to ensure that everyone will have something to eat.
If you are participating online, we would ask you to still consider making a donation of $15.
Stipends for Attending
DA Germany understands the accompanying financial cost of attending the AGM, which is why we are offering five stipends to enable more members to attend. Members are welcome to apply for a stipend using this application form. The deadline to apply is Sunday, February 12. Applicants will be noticed about the status of their application by Wednesday, February 15.
The Wiesbaden-Mainz Chapter has compiled a list of hotels and additional travel-related information for participants. Rooms for DA Germany have been reserved at IBB Hotel Ingelheim. Rooms with the reduced price are available until February 17, 2023. More information on how to reserve a room can be found here.
We urge you to attend and vote in our upcoming election, as well as to consider running for one of the leadership positions. All details about the election can be found in the DA Germany Elections Rules and Procedures.
The Nominations and Elections Committee (NEC) will be hosting online information sessions where potential candidates can ask about the election positions, election rules, DA Germany Executive Committee or other related DA Germany questions. The dates and times for these sessions will be announced soon.
These DAG Executive Committee positions will be elected for two-year terms at the AGM:
- Vice Chair
- Academic Outreach Coordinator
- Advertising Coordinator
- Caucus Coordinator
- Chapter Development Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator
- Events & Fundraising Coordinator
- Get Out the Vote (GOTV) Coordinator
- Membership & IT Coordinator
- Press Coordinator
- 10-15 DPCA Voting Representatives (exact number pending)
Please review this document that includes detailed job descriptions for all positions.
To run in the election, a candidate must have been a member of DA for at least 30 days and reside in Germany on the day of the AGM (March 25).
Nominations, including self-nominations, can be made online to the NEC using this nomination form until February 27 at 12:00 CET. Nominations may also be made from the floor on the day of the election.
On February 27, the NEC will post the list of nominations received by then, as well as candidate statements and letters of endorsement, on the DAG Election page. This list of nominees, statements, and letters will be updated on March 6 and March 13.
More detailed information on how to run in the election and how to participate in the election is available on the DAG Elections page.
Changes to DA Germany Bylaws
While we discussed and voted on amendments to DA Germany’s Bylaws at last year's AGM, and we typically strive to do this only every other year due to time constraints, you still have the right to submit proposed amendments to the Bylaws Committee. If you would like to propose an amendment, please send your proposal to [email protected] by February 20, 2023, with the following information:
- Changes you would like to make, listing Article and Section number where the changes should be applied. Please include either a direct mark-up of the text or describe your proposed change(s).
- What is the goal of making this proposal?
- How does this proposal achieve that goal?
You can find a copy of the current DAG bylaws here to help you formulate proposed changes. The bylaws were last amended in March 2022.
Once you RSVP to attend, you will be taken to the ticket page to purchase the meals and to donate to attend the meeting.
Binger Str 99
Google map and directions
Every two years, the chapters of Democrats Abroad Germany hold their chapter elections for leadership positions. This year on March 5 at 6pm we will be voting for our new Chapter Chair and Treasurer. Information about how to run and the voting process will becoming soon from the CNEC!
Chapter Chair: Chair of our Chapter! Organisation center for Hamburg, Lübeck, Bremen, and Flensburg. Responsible for scheduling chapter meetings, chapter and precinct development, and attending ExCom meetings with DAG once a month.
Treasurer: Keeper of the Finances. Responsible for monitoring petty cash, keeping the chapter FEC compliant, and paying invoices for room and stand rentals, reservations, etc.
Both postions will receive training from DA and can draw from the experience of past officers.
Important! The elections will begin at 6pm - the meeting before hand at 5:30pm. Please be on time as it facilitates the election process (being sure of quorum, confirming all candidates are present, etc).
Be sure to RSVP for login information!
Google map and directions
DAG chapter elections are right around the corner! Are you interested in running for a position in your chapter’s elections? Learn more about opportunities in your chapter and all you need to know about being a candidate at the Information Session for Potential Candidates on Monday, February 13, 2023 from 7-8pm CET. We'll be there to answer any of your questions!
Please RSVP to receive the meeting link.
DAG chapter elections are right around the corner! Are you interested in running for a position in your chapter’s elections? Learn more about opportunities in your chapter and all you need to know about being a candidate at the Information Session for Potential Candidates on Sunday, February 5, 2023 from 2-3pm CET. We'll be there to answer any of your questions! Please RSVP to receive the meeting link.