There are many things you can do to help get out the word and help other Americans vote. Below is a shortlist of things you can do to help. If you have any ideas, please send your ideas to [email protected].
Overseas Voters: Register to vote or request a ballot if you are already registered.
Donate to DA Global
Ask organizations you belong to put VFA on their website or in their newsletter.
- Fraternities and sororities
- Business or professional clubs
- Churches, Social clubs or any large membership group
- Make your request sound as altruistic and civic-minded as possible.
- You’ll never know until you ask.
Follow us on social media and like, comment, share our posts
Contact Your Representatives
By Telephone: You may phone the United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate office you request.
Look up your federal, state, and local elected officials here and how to contact them.
Use Resistbot to contact your officials in 2 minutes. Text the word "resist" to it on Messenger, Twitter, Telegram and It will find out who represents you in Congress or your state legislature. Then it will turn your text into an email, fax, or postal letter, and deliver it to your officials. It's really simple. Try it.
A simple way to send a FAX for FREE to your congressperson, senator or governor
Use this site: https://faxzero.com/.
At the top of the screen, you'll see what's on the graphic below. Just click the appropriate category, find the person you want to send, click the link by their name, add your information and comments, and then send a fax. You can send 6 faxes for free. Not all offices accept faxes but the majority do.
Want to help make the blue wave happen? Here are four things you can do in your home:
- Remind your Democratic-leaning friends abroad and in America to vote in the midterm elections.
- Share the three memes in this post on your social networks. If you belong to any online groups, share the meme with them too. In this election, everyone counts.
- Ask your stateside Alma Mater to help study abroad students Vote From Abroad. It’s easy to do and you can find all the information you need to do it here.
- Sign up for Phone banking and do it. The best way to get people to vote is to call them and remind them to vote. It is not too late, we still have a few hundred calls to make to reach all DA Germany members! You can choose from the “DA Germany Non-Berlin” or the “DA Germany-Berlin” campaign in the DA CallHub and talk directly to other DA members reminding them, not only to register to vote and request their ballot but to join the local chapter or precinct next meeting and events.
To log in to your Callhub account, go to https://callhub.io and click on "login" in the upper right corner. When you get to the next screen, enter your Username (example: DE-Beverly-Seebach) and your password. Note: You must use Google Chrome to phone bank.
- If you don't remember your password, just click on "forgot" in the corner of the password box and we'll email instructions how to set up a new password.
* * * * *
And please be sure to review the Updated Phone banking Training Materials for a full explanation of recent updates to the Phone banking system:
UPDATED GOTV Phone banking Introduction (June 2018). Please review all, but especially new slides 17, 18 and 21-25