Vincienzo Cabrera is hosting Vote from Abroad Info Table & Panel Discussion at Amerikazentrum 2019-11-05 19:59:24 -0500
The Amerikazentrum in Hamburg and the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung invite us to a discussion entitled Wo geht es hin, Amerika? Ein Jahr vor der U.S. Wahl 2020. Trade dispute with China, a military arms race with Russia, tightened immigration laws and the threat of impeachment - the presidency of Donald Trump leaves its mark. Trump's America is characterized by a booming economy and a deeply divided society. Geopolitically, US provocations have become a part of everyday life, their goals and purpose unclear to many.
The US presidential election in 2020 raises many questions: are the trenches between the political camps and in society insurmountable? How will relations between the US and other countries develop, especially with Europe? Do the Democrats have a real chance to beat Trump? Wo geht es hin, Amerika?
Participating in the discussion will be Dr. Annamarie Bindenagel Sehovic, Honorary Research Fellow, Politics and International Studies (PAIS), University of Warwick, UK, and Metin Hakverdi, member of the German Bundestag for Hamburg-Bergedorf and Harburg and member of the German-American Parliamentary Group. The moderator will be David Patrician, journalist with the Hamburger Abendblatt newspaper and RTL Nord.
Vote from Abroad will have an info table at the event. If you are interested in volunteering at the table, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.WHENNovember 18, 2019 at 7pmWHEREAmerikazentrum
Am Sandtorkai 48
Google map and directions
Come join fellow Dems Abroad Hamburg members for a drink and to catch up on current events. This month, we're meeting at Karo Ecke in the Karolinenviertel, near the Feldstraße U3 station.WHENNovember 22, 2019 at 6:30pmWHEREKaro Ecke
Google map and directions
Vincienzo Cabrera posted about Youth Caucus on Facebook 2017-04-05 20:02:14 -0400I may not be in my country, but I have not left my country. Just joined Democrats Abroad.
The Youth Caucus of Democrats Abroad is committed to generating awareness of the concerns of young Americans and the challenges they face for the purpose of informing party policy-making and improving party outreach and organizing. The Youth Caucus will provide a platform for young Democrats abroad - those who are and those who seek to become politically active - to engage in and lead on issues and campaigns important to them.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Youth Caucus will be “youth-led” but open to those of all ages who support these central aims.
The Youth Caucus will/proposes to:
- Build political engagement by young Americans Democrats abroad. Initiatives will make young Americans abroad aware of: voter registration and voting from abroad; issue education, advocacy and activism, especially youth-led and youth-related; candidates and campaigns, especially those of young Democrats; US political and election organizing from abroad; and overseas and domestic youth networks, contacts and resources.
- Sponsor issue-focused Working Groups: The Caucus will engage young Democrats abroad in issues advocacy by inviting them to join teams studying particular issues (eg Environmental Sustainability Working Group) and developing and coordinating youth-led advocacy activities and campaigns.
- Establish web-based communication channels for on-going youth outreach: A Youth Caucus Blog on the Democrats Abroad Youth Caucus webpage will provide continuous access to the work of the Youth Caucus and facilitate participation by members globally.
- Work online. Membership will not be constrained by physical location. All general meetings, campaigns, fundraisers etc. will be conducted online via Skype, Social Media, Email, and Online Markets.
- Encourage caucus members to organize live local events and gatherings for political education and outreach, issues advocacy or socializing.
- Be youth-led, with a leadership team made up of volunteers from around the world aged between 18 and 35.
- Engage with US-based Young Democrats or College Democrats groups to share information, advice, intelligence and ideas, build networks and to cross-promote each other.
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.