Democrats Abroad Mission Statement
as revised by the DPCA Executive Committee, October 2015
Democrats Abroad is the official arm of the Democratic Party of the United States, working as a state party for U.S. citizens living abroad.
The mission of Democrats Abroad is to represent and serve U.S. citizens living outside the United States who support the principles of the Democratic Party.
- assist Americans living abroad to vote in U.S. elections, inform them of their voting rights and procedures and encourage them to participate in the American political process.
- help elect Democrats in U.S. elections.
- increase the awareness and responsiveness of U.S. government officials and elected representatives to the concerns of Americans living abroad.
- protect and enhance the right to vote for Americans abroad.
- grow and develop Democrats Abroad by encouraging participation in country committees, chapters, and at the global level, and by raising awareness of and advocating for issues that concern Americans living abroad.
- work with Democratic Party organizations to achieve our goals.
For the purposes of conducting business, Democrats Abroad is a non-profit association organized and operating under the Uniform Unincorporated Nonprofit Association Act of 2000, D.C. Code Â§Â§ 29-971.01 et seq. Democrats Abroad's principal place of business is the District of Columbia.
The DPCA: The governing body of Democrats Abroad is the Democratic Party Committee Abroad (DPCA), which oversees Democrats Abroad's activities. To avoid confusion between local committees and the international body, we refer to our international body as the DPCA, but are known collectively as Democrats Abroad by the general public and media. The DPCA is comprised of the Chair and Vice Chair of each Country Committee, and the elected international officers of the DPCA (International Chair, International Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Counsel, Regional Vice Chairs), as well as the six representatives of Democrats Abroad to the DNC. (The remaining two members of the DNC from Democrats Abroad are the International Chair and International Vice Chair.)
To contact Democrats Abroad, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.