Most Americans aboard agree that we need to replace citizen-based taxation with territory based. Republicans Abroad are putting forward a proposal for this tax reform. Let's work in a bi-partisan manner to push this initiative.
Please sign the petition here, or send a postcard (like the one below) by September 30th!
Dear DA Lion City Members,
Our current Vice Chair, Bill Gelman, has had to step down and we are currently seeking a replacement. Our by-laws stipulate that the Chair and Vice-Chair must be different genders, so we need a male to fill the position.
The role and responsibilities of the Vice Chair are as follows:
- DPCA Voting Member
- Attend and vote at the regional meeting (in person or WebEx)
- Attend and vote at annual DPCA global meeting (in person or WebEx) or ensure the other Country Committee(CC) leader carries your proxy
- To partner with the Chair and take on some of the responsibilities at the local, regional, and global level. For a detailed breakdown of these responsibilities click here.
- Be prepared to step in for the Chair if necessary.
If you know anyone who would be willing to contribute to the Democratic cause in this manner, please reach out to Patricia Reed, Chair DALCC at email@example.com or Melissa Herron, Head of Nominations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DALCC Exco
Join us for one of our most important events of the year-Get Out The Vote 2017. Currently, the state government is one of the best ways to fight the Republican agenda in Washington! Participate in our phone banking event, where we will be calling our members to remind them to get their absentee ballots for critical state elections. Come enjoy a bowl of chili and socialize with friends before we make the calls. Also, we will be voting for a new Vice-Chair and on by-law changes at the beginning of the event, so we need a quorum.
WHEN: Monday, October 23rd from 6:30-9:00
WHERE: The function room at the St. Regis Residences 31 Tanglin Rd. 247912. The building entrance is on Cuscaden Rd. Parking is at Tower C, and public transportation is available (see directions below).
WHAT TO BRING: A laptop, an earpiece, and GOTV spirit RSVP’s are critical as we will need to get you signed up for our free online portal to make calls before the event, please RSVP to this event. Below are some of the critical races where we are campaigning hard.
• Virginia: Republicans are poised to take over state government in Virginia completely. The Governor and the full House of Delegates are up for election in November. The Senate is controlled by the Republicans. The polls indicate that Republicans and Democrats are neck and neck-this is going to be a close one!! Let us not have a repeat of 2016. We know what happens when Republicans are in complete control. We need you to help elect Democrat Ralph Northam as Governor and a Democratic House of Delegates!
• New Jersey: The Governor and the entire state legislature are up for election on November 7th. Democratic candidate Phil Murphy has committed to fighting Trump and the Republican agenda in Washington- starting with abiding by the Paris Accords on Climate Change. If every state followed Phil Murphy’s lead, destructive policies coming out of D.C. could be stopped dead in their tracks! Let’s go for the trifecta and make sorely needed positive changes!
• Washington: There are special elections in Washington. We can flip the state Senate blue with your help!
If you cannot attend the event, you can make calls from home at your convenience. These campaigns will run until November, but we need you now!Just e-mail us at DemsAbroadLionCity@gmail.com and we will send you the information on how to sign up for our free online portal to make calls. Feel free to e-mail us with any questions you might have.
Need a little incentive? The top 3 callers will be invited to a catered election result party with leadership and friends. You can also join a little friendly competition and see where you rank in the world in terms of call volume. Go to the leaderboard once you have signed on to our online portal. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POLITICAL ACTION YOU WILL TAKE ALL YEAR. Many of you have asked what is the best way to create change. Well, this is it. Your best form of protest is to vote and get others to do the same. Send a clear message to our Republican controlled Federal Government by helping us win all of these critical state races. Feel the energy and excitement of GOTV! There’s nothing like it.
There are buses that stop right around the corner from the St. Regis Residences. Bus stop is at Tomlinson Road. Numbers: 105, 106, 111, 123, 132, 174, 36, 7, 77. Walk down Tomlinson Road and take a left on Cuscaden. Go down the first driveway on the left (Tower B)
Get off at Orchard and follow signs for Wheelock/Patterson Link. Exit the Wheelock Mall and take a left. Walk down Orchard Rd. pass Forum Mall. Make left on Cuscaden Road at the corner of the Forum Mall. St. Regis Residences is on the right (Tower C). It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the train. Bus: There are buses that stop right around the corner from my place. Bus stop is at Tomlinson Road. Numbers: 105, 106, 111, 123, 132, 174, 36, 7, 77. Walk down Tomlinson Road and take a left on Cuscaden. Go down the first driveway on the left (Tower B)
From North and South is the same: Take Orchard BLVD (not Orchard Rd) to Tomlinson road. Make a right onto Tomlinson road. And then first right onto Cuscaden road. Once on Cuscaden Road the St. Regis Residences Tower C driveway to parking lot is the second entrance to the St. Regis on the left.
- DPCA Voting Member
Do you like this page?