Most Americans aboard agree that we need to replace citizen-based taxation with territory based. Republicans Abroad are putting forward a proposal for this tax reform. Let's work in a bi-partisan manner to push this initiative.
Please sign the petition here, or send a postcard (like the one below) by September 30th!
Dear DA Lion City Members,
Our current Vice Chair, Bill Gelman, has had to step down and we are currently seeking a replacement. Our by-laws stipulate that the Chair and Vice-Chair must be different genders, so we need a male to fill the position.
The role and responsibilities of the Vice Chair are as follows:
- DPCA Voting Member
- Attend and vote at the regional meeting (in person or WebEx)
- Attend and vote at annual DPCA global meeting (in person or WebEx) or ensure the other Country Committee(CC) leader carries your proxy
- To partner with the Chair and take on some of the responsibilities at the local, regional, and global level. For a detailed breakdown of these responsibilities click here.
- Be prepared to step in for the Chair if necessary.
If you know anyone who would be willing to contribute to the Democratic cause in this manner, please reach out to Patricia Reed, Chair DALCC at firstname.lastname@example.org or Melissa Herron, Head of Nominations at email@example.com.
The DALCC Exco
We have good news for you! Our September events include one that allows you to take action in upcoming elections back home.
On September 23rd, join fellow DA members in Singapore for an afternoon of phone banking and phood. We'll call fellow DA members to make sure they are voting in their upcoming elections to put Democrats in seats.
It could evolve, but for now, we'll be focusing on the following races:
1. New Jersey: The Governor and the entire state legislature are up for election on November 7. Let’s elect Democrat Phil Murphy as Governor and a Democratic state legislature.
Who is eligible to vote? Overseas voters who registered to vote as “intend to return” can vote in this election.
2. Virginia: The Governor and the full House of Delegates are up for election on November 7. Let’s elect Democrat Ralph Northam as Governor and a Democratic House of Delegates.
Who is eligible to vote? Overseas voters can vote in these state elections - but if you’ve given up your VA residence, you’ll need to show that either you or your spouse are employed overseas.
3. Florida: Special Election for Senate District 40. We'll be reaching out to those members who vote in Southwest Miami.
What: Dial and Dine
When: Saturday, Sept. 23 from noon-3:00
Where: 136 St. Patrick's Road #05-17, East Coast.
How: Enter via St. Patrick's Road. By bus, go to East Coast Road, Ocean Apartments stop #: 92141
We'll provide the food, but to make calls, you'll need to bring a laptop, an ear piece, and your favorite beverage to share.
Need an extra little push to spend your Saturday making phone calls?We'll be inviting the top 3 callers to a catered election result party with Democrats Abroad leadership and friends!
- DPCA Voting Member
Do you like this page?