The Hamburg Chapter was present at this year's CSD-Straßenfest. Our stand was set up Friday through Sunday, and we had an amazing time meeting everyone who came out to support equal rights. We passed along information about DA and voter registration to many Americans living abroad, and raised money for our chapter and DAG. This was our chapter's first time taking part, but it will not be the last. Special thanks to all the volunteers who made this possible!
article & picture by Marc Castagnera
On July 15th, members of the SPD, SPE and Democrats Abroad came together and were joined by others to discuss G20 topics and politics in general at the SPD's rooms in Eimsbüttel. It was an opportunity to hear from some very interesting people, all coming from their own unique perspectives, and take part in thought-provoking discussion. Members from the cast of "Neuland" also performed scenes from the Julia Hart's amazing show. All in all, it was a unique opportunity to look at the state of our world, and what we can do to make a difference. We hope to hold more such events in the future.
Topics & Panelists/Moderators:
Think Global, Act Local: Perspektiven wirtschaftlicher Nachhaltigkeit und konstruktiver Entwicklungshilfe
- Florian Staudt - SPE Hamburg (Moderator)
- Marina Pasquali - International Relations Analyst
- Karsten Weitzenegger - Vorsitzender Society for International Development e. V.
- Prof. Dr. h.c. Christa Randzio-Plath - Vorsitzende Marie-Schlei-Verein e. V.
- Madhu Singh, Senior programme specialist, UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning
Politics in the 21st Century: Disillusionment, Animosity and Fatigue
- Evelyn Fyffe-Mathiesen & Marc Castagnera - DA Hamburg (Moderators)
- Julia Hart - Director of "NEULAND"
- Chesney McKinley-Severance - DA Hamburg Social Media Lead
- Andrew Sola, Ph.D. - Associate Professor UMUC
article & pictures by Marc Castagnera
Most of us don't have Labor Day off here, so we will be getting together on the Sunday of Labor Day Weekend. This will be a potluck, so bring along one of your specialties (American, German or otherwise) and join us to celebrate the US holiday in Hamburg's Stadtpark.
Please click here for the exact location in Google Maps.
Do you like this page?