Sending ballots and absentee ballot requests via Postal Mail

Some states require that ballots or absentee ballot requests must be returned via postal mail.  Yet there is no airmail between Thailand and the USA.  Two options: 1) send via EMS (fast but costs $) or 2) send via the US Embassy (slow but FREE).  Click on "read more" for info from the US Embassy website. For the Embassy option, allow 2-4 weeks for the Embassy to take it to the USA plus at least one week for the US Postal Service to deliver; total: allow 3-5 weeks!  The info is below (you may have to click on "read more").

U.S. citizens may drop off their voting documents at the U.S. Embassy Bangkok in the voting box located at the American Citizen Services security entrance, or at the U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai in the voting box at the American Citizen Services security entrance. U.S. citizen employees of the Department of State are responsible for the handling of your ballots. Once received, items will be sent via diplomatic pouch to be delivered to your district office.

You may also mail ballots via Thai Post to the address below. Please ensure that your ballot is sealed, addressed, and has postage before being placed inside of a separate envelope that is used to mail the ballot.

U.S. Embassy Bangkok
American Citizen Services
Attn: Voting Assistance Officer
95 Wireless Road
Bangkok, Thailand 10330

U.S. citizens in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaengphet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nan, Petchabun, Phayao, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, and Uttaradit provinces should mail their ballots to the U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai at:

U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai
American Citizen Services
Attn: Voting Assistance Officer
387 Wichayanond Rd
T. Chang Moi, A. Muang
Chiang Mai 50300 Thailand

Envelopes will be mailed two business days after receipt by the U.S. Embassy. Once received, please allow two to four weeks for delivery to the United States.

If it’s more convenient for you, you can also return your FPCA or ballot to your local election officials via international mail or professional courier service at your own expense.