The Progressive Caucus of Democrats Abroad is looking for interested members who would like to get involved in fostering discussion around key progressive issues like Healthcare, Anti-corruption, Climate and Poverty and making sure that our priorities are reflected in the Democrats Abroad 2020 party platform, which will guide DA’s policy actions for the next four years and affect which issues DA actively supports and provides our DNC members with insight into the values of DA members. Not every state party has an open and collaborative platform process, so let’s contribute our progressive voices to DA’s 2020 Platform.
The process is simple, and we encourage you to take part!
How you can get involved:
Kitchen Table Talks are small group events held by Democrats Abroad members to talk about policy issues that matter to Americans abroad. Your Talk's feedback helps shape the 2020 Democrats Abroad Platform.
- Host a ProDA “Kitchen Table Talk”
- Attend a “Kitchen Table Talk”
- Become a platform committee volunteer!
— 1. Host a ProDA Kitchen Table Talk —
ProDA needs your help to create opportunities for discussing important issues!
The process is simple:
1. Choose an issue that you would like to discuss
2. Choose a day/time that works for you (between Nov 12 and Dec 31); and check the DA WebEx meeting calendar to make sure that timeslot is available: https://wiki.democratsabroad.org/display/WebEx/WebEx+Meeting+Calendar
3. Let ProDA know the topic, date, and time that you’ve chosen. That’s it!
We will help reserve a spot for you on WebEx (if necessary) and include your event in messages to our membership so anyone can sign up. Please note that topic choices are first-come/first-serve.
4. Alternatively, you can run a private Kitchen Table Talk among a group of American friends overseas and submit the feedback directly through the Kitchen Table Talk feedback form (further details in the links below).
— 2. Attend a “Kitchen Table Talk” —
An e-mail will be sent out on Nov 12 inviting all ProDA members to choose a Kitchen Table Talk event. We expect that each event will include 4-8 Democrats Abroad members.
1. Kitchen Table Talks website: https://www.democratsabroad.org/2019_kitchen_table_talks
2. Kitchen table conversations – add a topic https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScRhudfD9JCKaUzjlUmY6OvNfTh6EtdiFSVJTyJuiHeTcZ5xw/viewform
— 3. Learn how to become a platform committee volunteer! —
The kickoff for the 2020 DPCA Platform Drafting Committee has just begun! Please send a message to Farid Ben Amor and Aaron Kruse that they can follow up with you. (This is a Democrats Abroad activity. Contact: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Take a moment to review the Kitchen Table topics listed on the DA website and consider other related information:
1. Platform process: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Lx5MXfmyrGHMJC9YY0_rZ5ZaG9FpiMcgTL6Mt5oocf4/edit#slide=id.p
2. Delegates briefing: https://www.democratsabroad.org/a_briefing_for_delegates_on_the_2020_da_delegate_selection_plan