Photo from the Japan Times
Welcome to Democrats Abroad Japan!
Democrats Abroad Japan (DAJ) is the official country committee for all Democrats living abroad in Japan. All English teachers and all salaried workers. All spouses and children. All refugees and students abroad for the first time. The goals of our organization are to provide you the tools and means by which you can make your voice heard, even halfway across the world. With DAJ, you can be sure you, your friends, and family are registered to vote.
If you haven’t already, you can get started by clicking the “Join” tab above in the right corner to register for Democrats Abroad.
Watch this space for upcoming announcements of events and news pertaining to DAJ. We have events planned throughout the year, and anyone interested is encouraged to join.
Are you interested in rising up and doing more? Want to volunteer? Join us on Slack- our dedicated activist organization hub. We have several different committees with open positions, and we would love your support on any of them. The committee openings are as follows:
- Communications Committee – Drafting announcements, working on messaging, promoting our causes on social media sites (FB, Twitter, etc.) and helping to write articles on the DAJ website.
- Events Committee – Helping to organize and plan nation-wide events.
- Fundraising Committee – Helping to raise the funds needed to reach more voters and get the election results you want.
- Outreach Committee – Expand the DAJ membership into new areas and interface with our international network!
- Get Out The Vote – Directly help Americans abroad get registered to vote and request their absentee ballots. Votes are what count the most.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Executive Committee listed on the right under “DA Japan Leadership.”
Let’s work together to uphold democratic values at home and abroad!
Your DA Japan Committee