On Sunday, May 19, from 2-4 pm, Democrats Abroad Japan (DAJ) will hold Meet the Candidates events from in Osaka, Nagoya, Tokyo, and Yokohama. These events are in support of DAJ 2019 National Elections for officer positions, Members-at-Large, and DPCA Voting Representative. Events will include time to hear from the candidates, ask questions and hold local DAJ Chapter discussions. They provide a great opportunity to meet fellow Democrats and find out about the people who will guide us to victory in 2020!
Meet the Candidates Events
- Location: Akasaka Community Plaza - Akasaka Kumin Center
- Location: the McCreery’s home, near Yokohama station
- Facebook event page coming soon!
- Kansai (Osaka)
- Location: Lingua Cafe
- See further details and RSVP on the Facebook event page
- Tokai (Nagoya)
- Location: Eric Gondree's apartment, near Irinaka Station in Nagoya
- RSVP on the Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/427669664457652/
- National Election candidate statements are available as downloadable PDF files on the DAJ website: http://www.democratsabroad.org/247449/2019_daj_national_officer_candidate_statements
Ballots and Voting
- Ballots will be available from May 19 and must be turned in by June 14. Ballots can be downloaded from the DAJ website and faxed or mailed. Some paper ballots and envelopes will be available at the Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya venues.
- Submit Your Questions in advance to a candidate before Thursday, May 16 using this form: http://forms.gle/o3HWKNAHf3ZCNde18
Please contact the DAJ 2019 Nominations and Elections Committee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any trouble with the links above, or
- If you don't use Facebook, or
- If you want to learn how to join online via Zoom!, or
- If you need details about an event near you, or
- If you want to hold a Meet the Candidates Event in your area, or
- If you have questions about events or elections!
Thank you very much, everyone, for support. We look forward to an engaging discussion with the candidates on May 19!
The Nominations and Elections Committee
Sarajean Rossitto, Steven Breyak, Jenise Treuting, Leslie Anne Rogers
The 2019 Democrats Abroad Japan (DAJ) Nominations and Elections Committee (NEC) would like to share the Candidate Statements submitted by those running for DAJ Kanto Chapter officer positions. They are available as a downloadable PDF file below and on the Facebook DAJ community page (http://www.facebook.com/DemocratsAbroadJapan/). Other written and video Candidate Statements may be posted in mid-May.
Candidate Statements: http://www.scribd.com/document/408283603/Kanto-Chapter-Candidate-Statements
Voting for National Election positions will commence on May 19 and conclude on June 14.
Ballots will be made available to all DAJ members on May 19.
All members are invited to take part in the Sunday, May 19 Meet the Candidates events being held throughout Japan. The NEC will post details about these events on a DAJ MeetUp! event page (forthcoming) and the DAJ Facebook Meet The Candidates Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/274970940051279/
We encourage all DAJ Kanto members to join us on May 19 so that you may take an active role in the Kanto Chapter elections, as well as the national elections taking place at the same time. It will be a great opportunity to meet other like-minded people and to find out more about the people who will guide us to victory in the 2020 elections.
Events will be held in Tokyo and possibly other areas in Kanto. Information will be provided on the DAJ Facebook event page above. However, even if you are not able to join in person, you may participate online.
If you would like to hold a Meet the Candidates event in your area, please contact the 2019 NEC before May 12 so we will help you get everything organized. Contact the 2019 NEC with any questions at email@example.com
We look forward to an engaging discussion with the candidates on May 19!
Submitted, on behalf of the DAJ 2019 Nominations and Elections Committee
Sarajean Rossitto, Chair
Jenise Treuting, Kanto election adjudicator
Leslie Anne Rogers
Do you like this page?