Receive our Tiny Actions email:
As a proud resister, we know that you did everything you could to make sure your vote was counted, and you helped others vote too!
Our members voted at a rate 8x higher than in previous midterms. That’s turning out to be the biggest increase of any American voting bloc this year, and it’s all thanks to you.
While voting from abroad is easy for thousands of Americans outside the US, for many others, it’s not quite so seamless.
This week’s #TinyAction: Let us know about your voting experience and encourage other Americans abroad to do the same.
1. Complete our short Voter Protection Survey here.
2. Spread the word so we can hear from as many Americans abroad as possible.
WHY IT MATTERS
In order for us to do everything we can to make it easier for all Americans to vote from abroad, we need to understand your 2018 voting experience — what problems you encountered, what worked well, and even if you weren’t able to vote.
We also need to hear from as many people as possible to get a clear picture of the state of overseas voting. That means reaching out beyond our members and volunteers. We won’t ask about political affiliation, and we won’t use any personal information for purposes outside this survey, so please share with all Americans you know and tell them how important it is that we hear about their experience.
MORE INFORead more
We knew weeks ago that Trump was planning to fire Jeff Sessions after the elections. We didn’t know he’d barely wait for polling stations to close before taking the biggest step yet in interfering with the special counsel investigation.
We won’t wait either.
This week’s Tiny Action: Tell Congress that no one is above the law.
1. Take a picture of yourself with our “Nobody is above the law” poster and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, Nov 11.
Using the pictures you send us, we’ll create posters to present to the DC offices of the top Senate and House Judiciary Committee Members. We all can’t protest in person, but we can make sure Congress knows that we expect our leaders to protect the Mueller investigation and hold Trump accountable.
Consider posting your pic to your House Rep and Senators in Congress on social media, too. #ProtectMueller
2. Check with your local Democrats Abroad chapter to see if there is an in-person event you can join.Read more
As of Monday, all 50 states have sent midterm ballots to their overseas absentee voters. Have you received yours yet?
With ballots out, that means we’re now in the most critical phase of the 2018 elections. Over the next month, we need to work harder than ever to help every American abroad request their ballot and VOTE, and we need your help today.
Even on a chaotic day amid a chaotic week, we must remember that the most powerful action we can take is exercising our right to vote this year and every year. But if you’re as outraged over the Kavanaugh nomination as we are, you can use our script to call your Senators about this — after you’ve completed the latest Tiny Action below.
This week’s Tiny Action: Tell us where your ballot is. Then take small, easy steps to help others VOTE.
1. So that we can focus on those voters who need the most support, let us know your status by selecting one of these options:
- I received, completed, and returned my ballot!
- I requested my ballot but have not returned it yet.
- I have not requested my ballot yet. There’s still time, but not much. Send in your ballot request before it’s too late.
I have questions.