Join our phonebanking team — and flip crucial elections!!
Our global phonebanking calls go to Americans abroad voting in tight races this year. These are races that could mean the difference between taking back the Senate and winning the House! Get involved today and help make sure Americans abroad know they can vote and how to get started.
DA uses a free-for-you online system that lets you call from a computer--all you need is internet access, a Chrome browser and a speaker with a mic.
Once you're logged in you'll see a script and voter information so you know who you're talking to. All you need to do is follow the script and then click answers to the survey at the end - no other record-keeping needed.
*To download and install Chrome on Windows, Mac or Linux, click on this link: Download and install Google Chrome
Ready to get started? Here's how to sign up:
1) Sign into your DA account at: www.democratsabroad.org (Click on "Join/Sign In" on the upper right)
2) Go to "TAKE ACTION" on the menu bar and click on "PHONEBANKING" (You need to be signed into your DA account first)
3) Follow the (short) instructions to sign up as a phonebanking volunteer
4) After you've signed up, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your account and set up a password. (It may take up to 10 minutes to receive the email). Be sure to record your password as you'll need it to work on campaigns (if you forget your password, you can re-set it)
5) Come back to this page and review the TRAINING MATERIALS (below)
If you have any problems signing up, please contact us at: email@example.com
*Please don't contact the phonebanking system's website support. They will not be able to sign you up as a DA phonebanking volunteer.
WHO ARE WE CALLING?
Here are the list of state voters we're calling from abroad: AZ, CO, FL, IA, IN, KS, MI, ME, MN, MO, MT, ND, NV, OH, PA, TN, TX, WI, WV plus voters in flippable districts in AR, CA, GA, IL, KY, NC, NE, NJ, NM, NY, SC, UT, VA, WA
UPDATED GOTV Phonebanking Introduction (Sept 2018) (training deck, updated Sept 2018)
[OR watch the Video: GOTV Phonebanking Introduction - approx 30 mins]
UPDATED 2018 Phonebanking Do's and Don'ts (June 2018)
Information about Current Phonebanking Campaigns:
Information re Fall Flippable campaigns - Sept 21 2018
FINAL SCRIPT: GLOBAL FALL FLIPPABLE CAMPAIGNS--Sept 2018
Survey Questions: Global Fall Flippable Campaigns - Sept 2018
2018 General Election Deadlines - by StateOverseas Voting in State Elections By State
Provides deadlines for each state for voter registration, ballot request and voted ballot return, with transmission method (email, fax, mail or online) indicated where applicable
Chart of state rules pertaining to overseas voters participating in state elections, divided into “Intend to Return”, “Return Not Certain” and “Never Resided” overseas voters
Already have a phonebanking account set up? Start Calling Voters by logging in at https://callhub.io
Can't Remember How to Get Into Your Phonebanking Account? If you've done phonebanking with DA before, but can't access your phonbanking account, please contact the DA help desk at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Need a Refresher? Review the TRAINING MATERIALS (above)