The Asia Pacific Region unanimously elected Nicholas Gordon (DA Hong Kong) as the AP Regional Vice Chair for the 2021-2023 term. Congratulations Nick! You can reach out to Nick at [email protected].
Our AP Nominations and Election Committee elevated the bar for regional elections and conducted a fair, transparent, and inclusive election. Thank you Mike, Michael, Phong, and Christine!
Thomas Coyner has withdrawn his candidacy for Asia Pacific RVC.
Democrats Abroad Hong Kong
- My name is Nicholas Gordon, and I am excited to stand as a candidate for the position of Regional Vice-Chair for Asia-Pacific. I live in Hong Kong and vote in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- I currently serve as the Chair of Democrats Abroad Hong Kong (DAHK). But Democrats Abroad has been a key part of my life over the past four years, and I hope I can continue to help the organisation in the election cycles to come.
- I joined Democrats Abroad in 2016, after seeing a Facebook post about the Global Presidential Primary. After casting my primary ballot at the Tipping Point Bar on Hong Kong’s Wyndham Street, I was asked to serve as DAHK’s Media Relations Officer. I was elected to be Vice-Chair in 2018, and to be Chair in 2019.
- 2019 was also the first time I met the rest of Democrats Abroad, by attending my first Global Meeting in Washington DC. Then, in 2020, I was invited to serve as a Deputy Regional Vice Chair, and as a member of the Steering Committee for both the Asian-American and Pacific Islander Caucus and the Global Youth Caucus.
- I have lived outside of the United States for most of my life, being born and raised in Hong Kong. My father’s family is American, hailing from Massachusetts: I travelled there every summer to see my grandparents in Amherst. I attended college in the United States, where I voted for President Barack Obama in 2012, then went to graduate school in the United Kingdom before returning to Hong Kong in 2015.
- Outside of Democrats Abroad, my hobbies are reading, writing, catching up on music (old and new), and playing video games. I am a regular writer and commentator, and guest host on local Hong Kong radio. I also run a regular interview series with those writing about the Asia-Pacific region.
- I look forward to sharing more about what I’d hope to do as RVC! Feel free to email me at [email protected], where I can answer any questions you may have!
Democrats Abroad Australia
- I am an American Citizen living in Australia for the last 10 years from Chicago, IL. My professional background is Banking and Finance but currently I own and operate a small business in Melbourne Australia. I have always been a Democrat but have never actively participated in the political process. I would like to take this opportunity to start and see if I can make a positive difference.
Cory Lemke/Ha Woon Do - has withdrawn his candidacy for Asia Pacific RVC.
Upcoming EventsPlease join us for the NSW Chapter Annual General Meeting on 27th June at 11am!We will be holding this meeting both in person in Sydney AND online for those who cannot attend in person. Zoom / webinar details will be sent out to those who have RSVP'ed prior to the date.Our AGM will include chapter updates, final voting and results announcement for Chapter leadership, and an activity to encourage our House members to join the Americans Abroad caucus. Ballots for chapter leadership elections will be sent via email at least one week prior to the AGM.For those in person, we'll be meeting at an office space (L22, 1 Macquarie Place, Sydney) and welcome everyone to join us for a pub lunch following!
Do you like this page?