Welcome to Democrats Abroad Germany
We are one of the largest country committees of Democrats Abroad - the official Democratic Party arm for the millions of Americans living outside the United States. We are a 100% volunteer organization with a presence throughout Germany.
Our mission: To provide Americans living in Germany a voice in our government and to elect Democrats by mobilizing the overseas vote.
Our Chapters: Wherever you are in Germany, there is a chapter or a precinct with events for our members. Click on a link to find your local chapter: Berlin, Cologne Bonn, Dusseldorf-Ruhr, Frankfurt, Göttingen, Hamburg, Heidelberg, Kaiserslautern, Muenster-Osnabrueck, Munich, Stuttgart, and Wiesbaden/Mainz.
Our Caucuses: We have several active caucuses that focus on specific progressive issues/groups:
Our activities: These range from monthly meetings, lectures, panel discussions, film screenings, webinars, political rallies and marches, our annual Oktoberfest extravaganza in Munich, Fourth of July picnics, CSD and Pride events, Thanksgiving dinners and more.
Looking to share your skills and interests with DA Germany? Take our volunteer survey here.
Follow us on
Join Democrats Abroad
Our Women's Caucus weekend workshop in Berlin
Members from around Germany greet President Obama in Cologne.
DA Members at Cologne CSD/Pride
Our Black Caucus Juneteenth Celebration in Frankfurt
If you have questions or would like to volunteer, please contact us.
We look forward to meeting you!
The one-year countdown to the 2020 elections has begun, and Democrats Abroad Germany will play a crucial role in electing Democrats at every level of government. Did you know that in the 2016 election only 7% of Americans living abroad cast their ballots? Reaching the other 93% of voters is our main goal for the coming year, and we need your help to make this happen!
That’s why we are asking you to join us as we undertake the largest voter mobilization effort in our history. Reaching out to potential voters through personal contact and advertisements requires both volunteers and the necessary funds. We hope that you can help us with one or both of these areas.
For example, if each of the 10,000 members of DA Germany donated just 1 Euro, we could run a 15-second advertisement prior to English language blockbusters at major theaters nationwide, reaching thousands of potential voters.
If each member donated 2 Euros, we could advertise on social media platforms, in print publications, and run movie theater ads.
For 3 Euros each, we could also ramp up our in-person presence at local street festivals and have printed materials to distribute to fellow Americans.
We also need volunteers to reach our goal of mobilizing voters. In-person interactions are crucial to reaching Americans living in Germany. Phonebanking, voter registration drives, postcard writing, tech support, organizing outreach events, providing voter assistance, and so much more can only happen with the help of volunteers. The more people involved in these efforts, the greater the impact we can have.
Given the urgency of this election and the enormous potential to reach overseas voters, please join our team by:
- letting us know how you’d like to volunteer, either by taking this survey or responding directly to this email
- making a one-time or recurring donation to DA Germany by creating a Dauerauftrag (bank info below)
In fact, if you donate €20.20, you’ll receive a one-of-a-kind Democrats Abroad t-shirt to wear with pride at marches and other events. A contribution of €50 or more will get you a winter-ready, limited edition DA hooded sweatshirt. All merchandise is available via this order form.
Are you an American in the Regensburg area looking to learn more about Democrats Abroad? Want to know how you can contribute to getting a Democrat in the White House in 2020? Then be sure to join us at the Cafe Felix on Saturday, November 16 at 3pm (address below)!
We'll grab some food and drinks before talking about our organization, volunteer opportunities leading up to 2020, and the process of voting from abroad. Friends and family are, of course, welcome to join, too!
Unable to make it, but still interested in getting active in the Regensburg area? Let us know with an email to email@example.com.
Join Germany's Black Caucus for our inaugural Sunday brunch event. This event is open to everyone. We will eat, drink, discuss, and plan for the 2020 elections. Brunch starts at 10 am. We'll be there until 14:00, so come by and share your thoughts with us.
The Breakfast-Buffet is 16.90 € per person. Children 5 and under eat for free, children 6-11 are half price.
We will have brunch once a month and the next brunch is on Sunday, December 15, 2019, so mark your calendars.
RSVP's, while not required, are appreciated.
Do you like this page?