DA Berlin Leadership:
Come out for Quiz Night and prove how well you know the 2020 Democratic candidates. This Tuesday November 5th is your chance have fun and put all that political trivia to good use! We'll also be electing a new membership & volunteer coordinator for our local leadership team. ►Learn more & RSVP
Mark your calendars:
- Democrats Abroad's presidential candidate conversations continue: this Thursday, Bernie Sanders will be speaking via conference call and addressing issues important to Americans abroad. ►RSVP for the video call link
- November political pub night (always on the 3rd Wednesday of the month) will be at Buchhandlung Caffeteria in Mitte on Nov 20th. ►RSVP
Our precincts in Dresden and Potsdam have events coming up in November (see below), please share this newsletter with your American friends in those cities. We'd love to meet them!
Last month's pumpkin pie baking workshop was delicious success. Check out some photos of our (newly minted) master pie bakers 🥧here.
Election + Quiz Night: How Well Do You Know the 2020 Presidential Candidates?
Democrats Abroad speaks with Bernie Sanders
Potsdam Precinct Meeting
November Political Pub Night – Buchhandlung Caffeteria
November Book Club – Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
1st Annual Democrats Abroad Tempelhof Turkey Trot
Save the Date: De(s)ide 2019 – Thanksgiving Dinner
Sat. Nov 23, 2019, from 4pm
Events outside Berlin
Dresden Precinct: A Conversation With Author Claudia Clark
Sun. Nov 9, 2019, 2:30-5:30pm
Watzke am Goldenen Reiter, Hauptstraße 1, 01097 Dresden
Democrats Abroad Germany – Annual General Meeting
We need your support!
In the 2016 election only 7% of Americans living abroad cast their ballots. Our main goal is to reach the other 93% this coming year, and we need your help to make this happen!
Your contributions help us reach that goal as we untertake the largest voter mobilization effort in our history:
- Volunteer to help with voter outreach and organizing events,
- Become as a monthly sustaining donor by setting up a recurring transfer, as low as 1-5€
- Support Democrats Abroad Germany with a one-time donation of 25€ or even 50€
Your support helps us reach more American voters through advertisements in movie theaters, on social media, print materials, at local festivals, and many other channels.
Account: Democrats Abroad Germany
IBAN: DE04 5405 0220 0140 2702 99
It's time to get new t-shirts! We're so excited to unveil two new Democrats Abroad t-shirts, designed especially for Democrats Abroad Berlin.
The t-shirts are 100% high-quality cotton (190 gsm) and printed right here in Berlin. We'll be taking pre-orders until October 31, 2019 and offering a special price of just 15 Euros per shirt (a discount of 5 Euros from the regular price). You'll be able to pick up your t-shirts at our many events in the later half of November.
The Potsdam group of Democrats Abroad Berlin will be meeting on Sunday, November 17th, 2019, at 4pm at Loretta's Biergarten (Kronprinzessinnenweg 260, 14109 Berlin).
It's just steps away from the S-Bahn Wannsee! The precinct captain David Knutson writes:
"In less than 9 months the Democratic convention will be held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and in 12 months we will hopefully have a new president!
WHO will be the Democratic candidate? Biden, Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg or maybe somebody else? Will the con-man in the White House be impeached? Will some of his cabinet go to jail?
We want to know your predictions and how we can help the Party! We will store all your opinions and after the election see what predictions were best!"
Bring friends and liberal-leaning folks! We're looking forward to seeing you all.
Please RSVP to let us know you're coming and please help out by sharing this event on Facebook.
Come join Democrats Abroad Berlin for our monthly political pub night at Buchhandlung Caffetteria Bar on Wednesday, November 20th, 2019.
It's a great chance to find folks to do political action with (like organizing voter registration!), to learn about what's planned in the coming weeks, or just unload about what's been going on.
Cafe Buchhandlung is just around the corner from S Oranienburger Strasse (S1, S2, S25, S26) and not far from U Oranienburger Tor (U6), several tram lines, or U Weinmeisterstr. (U8). Stop by for the refreshing drinks and tasty snacks, stay for the the good company of fellow Democrats and progressives!
Bring friends and liberal-leaning folks interested in drinking a beer with Berlin's best political group! We're looking forward to seeing you all.
It's not required, but RSVP to let us know you're coming and please help out by sharing this event on Facebook.